Cowden v Rangers

I thought Berwick Rangers stadium was kind of similar

They don't have the quality Tarmac, high fence or stock cars tearing up their pitch though. On the radio Jimmy Nic described how the pitch was wrecked by a driver losing his breaks and then slowing his car down by going onto the pitch and doing a 'donut 'on it . Unique problems for sure amongst the leagues teams as well as unique ground.

Donald Findlay also spoke well as always about the massive difference games like this have made to this seasons budget. The money generated by last nights game is probably more than we would have had for this entire season if we had been relegated. Shows just how crucial pumping the Pars was in financial terms. Donald also mentioned the possible development of new facilities at Central but I was leaving the car at that point and didn't hear a lot of what he said after that. Donald as always showed his interest and dedication to helping Cowden and his passion for the club came over as always.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a fair bit of greeting on here about away fans in the home end, i didnt hear or see 1 bit of aggro/ sectarian shout etc.

to be hinest the atmosphere was pretty low key all round.

main difference between the teams were rangers were bigger and stronger and lasted the 90. Their team is built on a solid defence whereas we were soft at all the goals. Also they are smarter at preventing dangerous situations with fouls to break up the play at the right times, and when on the ball know how to draw fouls out of nothing.

Yes those stats are fair. The difference was in the quality of the shots. Gers put the good chances away. We never had what you would call a clear cut chance. Even hitting the post was a scuff. A bit more quality up front it might have been a different story but gers took their first chance of the match and we didnt take advantage of the best of the first half.

Archived