£500 note

I need the help of the p&b rich c***s here.

Whilst working cash in hand as a joiners pal I got paid on more than one occasion with a 500 quid note. However, no one believes me and despite an hour of googling can find no evidence that these ever existed.

Have any p&bers ever seen a 500 pound, not Euro, note and can confirm these exist or existed? Bonus greenies for links or pictures.

I'll bet you anything it was a £500 voucher for Dobbies.

Edited by Guest

Aberdeen Fanzine "The Red Final" had a great cover when Duncan Ferguson got put in the pokey. It was a Gordon Reid cartoon of Duncan in a prisoners suit with arrows on it and a ball and chain around his ankle holding up a Monopoly board where all the squares were "Go to Jail".....

Maybe the OP got a five hunner quid bankers draft or similar?

Big Dunc was different class.

I loved the (true) story about him getting a burglar alarm installed at his house after a couple of break ins. The alarm went off one day for no good reason and Dunc couldn't figure out how to turn it off. He rang the alarm company who told him to enter the default password of 1 2 3 4.

"Hold on", says the big man - I'll just go and get a pen.

Is this what monopoly money looks like now?

The last time I played that game the board and money looked like this. I'm sure the bank notes also came with a £ sign :

attachicon.gif0_my_photographs_london_monopoly_board_ju31.jpg

I have no idea what they look like now. I just Googled that. I honestly can't remember if they had £ signs in earlier versions and maybe they left the currency off so it could be international but I see that there are £ signs on the board itself.

Very true, wouldnt want to carting all that money as it clearly is way more than the maximum allowed lifting alllowance for manual handling, if health and safety turned up they would not be pleased.

L_42606505.jpg

From page one on "How to be a better gangster"...

Edited by TheCelt67

I'm going to make it my life's work to prove this.

1. I put the money in the bank and was credited with the amount so I wasn't ripped off.

2. It wasn't always £500 pw but this was doing jobs for the NHS so evidently you could take the pisd with their rates. It was refurbing nurses acconodation at raigmore hospital. Doing luxury suites at Gleneagles was 200 pw

3. Your all c***s

They were huge. Bigger than 100s. I think they were bright green. Similar to 50s but brighter .

Lastly.Needless to say I had the last laugh

I'm glad the hard working tax payer got it's own back on you taking the piss with rates. Back in my day, handling a Joiner's massive drill for him on his behalf was a privilege.

Might be worth having a look at the £50 notes and checking if someone added a zero to them in black marker pen. I would also double check your bank balance after the deposit.

Guest The Phoenix

I seem to remember replacing the stations with something else. Can't remember though. I think it's still in my dads house so I'll try to dig it out next time I'm up.

Be careful not to disturb the bodies.

In situation's such as these, after laughing for a bit, I check Wikipedia. There is no mention at all anywhere of a £500 note.

Clickoris

But you say you've banked them and they accepted them so there you go. The milky bars are on you.

That's the joys of Wikipedia, just about anyone who has nothing better to do with his Bank Holiday Monday can edit said page to include a £500 note. :lol:

Used to work checkouts at Sainsbury's Cameron Toll and always got a few rich bawsacks paying for their weekly shopping with a 100 quid note. Never seen them at any other time.

How does that make them rich - what if they paid with 20 x £5.00 notes, does that mean they are poverty stricken?

How does that make them rich - what if they paid with 20 x £5.00 notes, does that mean they are poverty stricken?

I could tell by the fact they were lighting a Cuban cigar with a fistful of more 100 quid notes.