£500 note

43 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

No. But wherever that chap acquired them is maybe a more pertinent question. I however didn’t ask.

When in the queue to bank them I did however notice that they were sequentially numbered. Think they’ve been out for a wee bit of fresh air and been sent straight back. Probably much like their previous-but-one custodian. 

^ thinks the taxman is reading his P&B posts.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Almost certainly lifted them for the sole reason of paying you.

£100 notes tend not to circulate, and you only really get them from a teller if you specifically ask for them.

Regular convo when I worked in the bank.

"Can I withdraw £300 please?"

"Sure, how would you like your cash?"

"Not fussed, just anything"

"Hundreds?"

"Naw, tenners please"

We'd always make sure we had a couple of BoE £100 notes in the till drawer when I worked at a Post Office. No idea why; bit weird when there'd always be about ten grand in notes and just a couple of those bad boys. Dunno if the new plastic ones are the same, but the paper ones were noticeably bigger than other denominations and wouldn't fit in your wallet, so nobody wanted them.

Never had any problems like that with the £500 notes, oddly enough.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can only hope Pete was wearing gloves when handling those or there'll be a chap at the door in a few months.

Never been fingerprinted in my puff M8. And certainly haven’t been tempted to take up any of those free offers at ancestry.com either. 

Edited by alta-pete

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We'd always make sure we had a couple of BoE £100 notes in the till drawer when I worked at a Post Office. No idea why; bit weird when there'd always be about ten grand in notes and just a couple of those bad boys. Dunno if the new plastic ones are the same, but the paper ones were noticeably bigger than other denominations and wouldn't fit in your wallet, so nobody wanted them.

Never had any problems like that with the £500 notes, oddly enough.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

The BoE don't do £100 notes either

You're right - it was the RBOS purple ones, although I remember them being more red. Shows how much attention I was paying.

The design on the £500 ones were quality, but.

On 29/09/2014 at 05:04, th1stleandr0se said:

I have no idea what they look like now. I just Googled that. I honestly can't remember if they had £ signs in earlier versions and maybe they left the currency off so it could be international but I see that there are £ signs on the board itself.

I was thinking the old British Monopoly game we had (red box with white stripe) from the late 60’s had £ symbols on the money, but every picture I can find of old versions shows no currency symbol. The board and property deeds were currency specific.

On 22/11/2022 at 15:38, alta-pete said:

Holy thread bump Batman, but…

Some customers do still prefer to pay in cash and I’ll take whatever method of payment suits. But I’ve never seen these chaps before. Can’t see my local being too impressed when I’m in for my £3.50 pint of T…

975851C9-364B-4986-89F6-F47623B2ECB3.jpeg

I got (a) £100 pound note(s) as a Christmas bonus one year.