Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Bowers

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to give those Stephen Colbert programmes a try this week.  Still watch The Daily Show but I'm not a fan of Trevor Noah at all really, find him much more smug and predictable than Oliver.

I have been watching bits of Colbert on YouTube, not sure what I make of him, Noah I like, but he does have a smug coupon

Colbert and Seth Meyers are about the only late night hosts I can stomach now that Letterman's gone.

Was quite pleased that John Oliver had a main feature that didn't focus exclusively on Trump this week. There's far too much about that dozy orange c**t as it is without another half hour on a Sunday night. 

Seems like too easy a target imo although I understand why he keeps doing it even if it can get repetitive. 

Noah was worse when every show pre election was real tap in material about Trumps haircut and skin colour. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Daily Show is too Trump exclusive.

But, when the cretin is making a tit of himself, every day, its hard not to be.

For soneone who is quite cutting. Noah can be quite the arse licker; when it comes to guests.

His support cast are pretty much all great. Apart from shouty old guy who's rarely on. And the nasally red head.

Desi is stunning, though!

The Daily Show is too Trump exclusive.

But, when the cretin is making a tit of himself, every day, its hard not to be.

For soneone who is quite cutting. Noah can be quite the arse licker; when it comes to guests.

His support cast are pretty much all great. Apart from shouty old guy who's rarely on. And the nasally red head.

Desi is stunning, though!

Shouty old guy is one of the best! Back in black?

He was on the other day, but it wasn't his best. I also don't mind the ginger woman. I think she's far funnier than many of the other regulars.

Shouty old guy is one of the best! Back in black?

He was on the other day, but it wasn't his best. I also don't mind the ginger woman. I think she's far funnier than many of the other regulars.

I like Hassan Minhaj and Jordan Klepper out and about talking to idiots. Roy Wood Jr's good too.

Ronnie Cheing I'm not that fussed about.

• 8 months later...
Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

Jim Jeffries show is quite good. The opposition is too.

Hadn't heard of either will give them a try used to always get tickets for Jeffries at the Fringe.

Tried Late Show as well as Daily thought it was OK. 

• 3 months later...
And as usual my Sky Plus didn't pick up the new series. That series link thing is a pile of shite. Decent enough start to the new series after I found it on catch up.
I think it might be an issue with this programme as mine didn't record it either even though other things start recording after having been off for months.

I think it might be an issue with this programme as mine didn't record it either even though other things start recording after having been off for months.

I’ve had this a lot with Sky Q. Not recording series which you previously had linked.

Archived