Yes Events - Anyone started going?

JogaBonito

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this tomorrow.

The Yes Bar on Drury St will be packed. Going for drinks afterwards, but can't imagine we'll get in there.

They reckon 13, 000 turnout. Even if it's close to that figure, should be pretty good.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/the-indyref-45-organisers-predict-13000-to-attend-george-square-rally.1412928896

Will there be free "45" badges handed out?

With any luck, aye.

This George sq "event" is Sheridans fucktards trying to raise money for the permatanned lying swinger buckled lefty p***k.

Looks like Tommy the Commie is quite the entrepreneur after all. Hopefully he manages to part a good number of fellow scheme goblins from their dole money tomorrow before his latest organisation goes tits up.

This George sq "event" is Sheridans fucktards trying to raise money for the permatanned lying swinger buckled lefty p***k.

Looks like Tommy the Commie is quite the entrepreneur after all. Hopefully he manages to part a good number of fellow scheme goblins from their dole money tomorrow before his latest organisation goes tits up.

He still draws more of a crowd than any of your precious Tories. Bless.

It's nice just to get out, meet like-minded folk and chat shite. Even political topics crop up, which I've always thought was off-limits only for the suits. Plus, there's usually a cheery atmosphere and talks from people who'd never get a chance on telly. Personally, I'm not looking forward to Tommy Sheridan though

I'm fed up with staying in and masturbating too, and so should you.

He still draws more of a crowd than any of your precious Tories. Bless.

How many votes did his party get at the last election?

I don't think a handful of clown shoe marchers throwing money into his "hookers and sunbeds fund" bucket really matters much.

I don't think a handful of clown shoe marchers throwing money into his "hookers and sunbeds fund" bucket really matters much.

It must be hell hating life like you do.

Your pillow must be a tear sodden mess.

Aye he must make a fortune aff all those bags of food right enough. Even your glorious leader Cameron canny pack out a hall in Scotland. At least you've got David Coburn I suppose.

It must be hell hating life like you do.

Your pillow must be a tear sodden mess.

It actually brings a smile to my face just how bent out of shape you and the clown collective get.

That thicko Ayr fan that still lives with his mum in run down council housing in Jabba declared proudly that he was going to be ignoring me sometime yesterday.

He can't 8)

It actually brings a smile to my face just how bent out of shape you and the clown collective get.

That thicko Ayr fan that still lives with his mum in run down council housing in Jabba declared proudly that he was going to be ignoring me sometime yesterday.

He can't 8)

Well, at least you're not upset about it.

Oh, wait...

Whilst people will always retain their views no matter what the outcome of a democratic election or process; the question is what are people now actually actively campaigning for directly in terms of the former Yes campaign?

Just some kind of collective feel good factor? the feeling of sharing a common view? or actually wanting another referendum now? in 1 year? 2 years ? until the result goes their way?

Whilst people will always retain their views no matter what the outcome of a democratic election or process; the question is what are people now actually actively campaigning for directly in terms of the former Yes campaign?

Just some kind of collective feel good factor? the feeling of sharing a common view? or actually wanting another referendum now? in 1 year? 2 years ? until the result goes their way?

I think this letter covers it fairly well, from the Chief Exec of the SNP -

SNP LETTER TO THE SMITH COMMISSION
Lord Smith of Kelvin
The Smith Commission
7th Floor One Atria
144 Morrison Street
EDINBURGH
EH3 8EX
Dear Lord Smith
I am writing on behalf of the Scottish National Party to communicate our views about the additional responsibilities the Scottish Parliament needs in order to fulfil the Vow of the Westminster party leaders to deliver "extensive new powers" for Scotland.
The SNP continue to advocate Scottish independence, and believe that Scotland will one day become an independent country. But of course we accept the referendum result, which means that independence is not part of the Commission's considerations.
We wish formally to associate ourselves with the 34-page set of proposals sent today by the Scottish Government, and which I enclose herewith.
Speaking on behalf of the cross-party No campaign, Gordon Brown said in the days leading up to the referendum that within two years there would be "as close to a federal state" as is possible in the UK, and that we would have "a modern form of Scottish Home Rule".
If the Vow is to be honoured, we believe that this 'maximalist' language requires the maximum self-government for Scotland within the Union to be delivered, on the basis of the detailed proposals sent by the Scottish Government. This involves a limited number of core areas reserved to Westminster, with all other powers decided in Scotland (which
also reflects the formula of the original 1998 Scotland Act, which listed reserved rather than devolved responsibilities).
Furthermore, this approach is one that commands widespread public support - across supporters of all political parties - as demonstrated in an opinion poll commissioned by the SNP and conducted by Panelbase after the referendum.
The poll - which is also enclosed with this submission - asked if people believe that the new powers coming to the Scottish Parliament should include the following: -
Control of all taxation raised in Scotland?
Yes: 71%
No: 19%
Don't know: 10%
Control of all areas of government policy except for defence and foreign affairs, which is sometimes referred to as 'Devo Max'?
Yes: 66%
No: 19%
Don't know: 15%
Control of the welfare and benefits system?
Yes: 75%
No: 17%
Don't know: 8%
Control of policy regarding the state pension?
Yes: 65%
No: 25%
Don't know: 10%
Control of oil and gas tax revenues generated in Scottish waters?
Yes: 68%
No: 21%
Don't know: 11%
Control of broadcasting policy?
Yes: 54%
No: 30%
Don't know: 16%
Guaranteed consultation by the UK Government with the Scottish Government when deciding the UK's stance in European Union negotiations?
Yes: 72%
No: 16%
Don't know: 12%
The proposals set out by the Scottish Government are powers for a purpose - giving Scotland control of the policy areas necessary to build a more prosperous economy and fairer society. And they also reflect a widespread public demand for maximum powers -which was instigated by the No campaign during the referendum, and which have been well documented in the period since.The SNP believe that these are the proposals Scotland needs at this stage in our nation's constitutional journey.
With my best wishes and kind regards.

Yours sincerely

Peter Murrell

I think the clown collective are awaiting instruction on this. They've done the two year balloon inflating and delivering leaflets to no avail. They've all joined a political party even though their major political input will be voting on whether the minutes of branch meetings are a true and accurate reflection... blah de blah.

And now a few of them will be donating money Tommy the commies holiday fund this afternoon. Most of them with no idea why they have turned up to listen to left wing extremists bellowing into a crap PA system.

I think the clown collective are awaiting instruction on this. They've done the two year balloon inflating and delivering leaflets to no avail. They've all joined a political party even though their major political input will be voting on whether the minutes of branch meetings are a true and accurate reflection... blah de blah.

And now a few of them will be donating money Tommy the commies holiday fund this afternoon. Most of them with no idea why they have turned up to listen to left wing extremists bellowing into a crap PA system.

Glad to see you took my advice on dropping the smilies rene. It gives your pretendy internet dourmeister alter ego so much more GRRRavitas.

Archived