25 stone bint wants more benefits.

TheCelt67

Have you got any figures to back this up? I'm not saying I disbelieve you, but I pay quite a bit of tax, Vehicle Excise Duty, council tax and of course VAT etc (though I no longer smoke). I don't have any children so don't get any tax credits, child benefits etc.

So what am I getting back?... Apart from defence of course (yippee, we're blowing up the Middle East, I feel a lot safer now). Most big infrastructure projects such as HS2 will be paid for by bonds funded by a future generation.

Attribution for that please, no saying you made it up but......................

I did make it up. I saw a documentary a while ago and it came up with a stupidly high figure that I can't remember so I guessed at 80k. I should maybe note it was presented by a certain BBC political correspondent.............

SOme quick googling tells me Gov spending this year is £732Bn among 64.1 million people meaning £11,420 per capita per year. That averages through the lifetime too and has to cover the times in your life when you didn't pay much tax like childhood and retirement.

To pay £11,420 in income tax at 2012/13 rates means you earned £50,735.

So that rough and dodgy calculation which only takes into account income tax suggests the 80k figure is high but not monstrously so. I'd say it's definately over 50k still.

AS for what we get, most folk forget that they start off in deb to the state. They spend tens, maybe hundreds of thousands educating you before you really start kicking back to them.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did make it up. I saw a documentary a while ago and it came up with a stupidly high figure that I can't remember so I guessed at 80k. I should maybe note it was presented by a certain BBC political correspondent.............

SOme quick googling tells me Gov spending this year is £732Bn among 64.1 million people meaning £11,420 per capita per year. That averages through the lifetime too and has to cover the times in your life when you didn't pay much tax like childhood and retirement.

To pay £11,420 in income tax at 2012/13 rates means you earned £50,735.

So that rough and dodgy calculation which only takes into account income tax suggests the 80k figure is high but not monstrously so. I'd say it's definately over 50k still.

AS for what we get, most folk forget that they start off in deb to the state. They spend tens, maybe hundreds of thousands educating you before you really start kicking back to them.

Of course this also applies tae the royals.......doesn't it ?

Of course this also applies tae the royals.......doesn't it ?

When the papers write articles about the Royals' net worth, do they include the value of the raw materials that can be extracted from our bodies?

Just curious, as we're all worth at least a tenner IIRC. I'd like to think that value will be harvested from our bodies, come the revolution.

When the papers write articles about the Royals' net worth, do they include the value of the raw materials that can be extracted from our bodies?

Just curious, as we're all worth at least a tenner IIRC. I'd like to think that value will be harvested from our bodies, come the revolution.

If the average is a tenner, I reckon there must be 30 quid worth of candles in me.

If the average is a tenner, I reckon there must be 30 quid worth of candles in me.

You could just use the one and take it out when you're finished.

Candles can break, though, so stick with your avatar ;)

Haven't you seen fight club?

Apparently human body fat is pretty valuable stuff. You could literally be sitting on a fortune.

He'd be a talented man if he extracted it himself, and the employment of an expert would negate the value.

Definitely worth a thought for the entrepreneurial serial killers among us, however.

I wonder who we really should be making fun of. This sad, sad, low intelligence, under educated figure of fun or the c***s who cost us far more through tax avoidance schemes and ripping off the system at a completely different level.

Edit to add: or arseholes who post links from the rag of a newspaper the Daily Mail for cheap laughs.

In the honourable member's defence, cheap laughs are all the Daily Mail's good for, although the website is banging if you like tits, ass and lethal injections.

In the honourable member's defence, cheap laughs are all the Daily Mail's good for, although the website is banging if you like tits, ass and lethal injections.

Missus Root likes her MAIL Online, she gets all the important breaking news on Kim Kardashian and stuff like that on there.

Don't forget jailbait; they love their pictures of barely pubescent girls in their scants.

Archived