Players not celebrating against former clubs

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seen a bit of chat about players doing the "respectful" thing and not celebrating goals against their former clubs, such as Lampard for Man City against Chelsea on Sunday.

I'm not a big fan of it personally though. I think if you play for a club and you get a goal, you shouldn't worry about offending any numpties in the opposition crowd. I remember people booing Joe Cardle after he dared to cheer a Rovers goal against us in the Challenge Cup, which is ridiculous.

So, let me know if you think it's right cool or just a load of pish.

I'd like to think Michael Moffat will show a bit of respect to the Ayr fans when he scores against us at Somerset in a couple of weeks. He was a fans favourite and won numerous player of the year awards. Still I guess it's up to him.

If Michael Moffat doesn't have Ayr supporters seething after giving them the GIRFUY post goal I will be very disappointed.

This. Andy Geggan went tonto scoring against Ayr in that 5-1 hammering. Hopefully the same from Moffat.

If Michael Moffat doesn't have Ayr supporters seething after giving them the GIRFUY post goal I will be very disappointed.

Moffat won't score, our rejects rarely score when they return.

It depends how long a player was with the previous club I suppose. If he played there for years, had a great rapport with the fans and has some genuine feeling, then I don't really have an issue with it, but if he was there for 5 minutes then it's obviously nonsense.

I have no issue with Lampard not celebrating, although I would have issues with his post-match interview if I were a City fan.

It's not respectful it's attention seeking.

Look at me I don't want to upset people. Quite happy to fleece the fans with inflated wages though....

I really don't care if Moffat celebrates a goal against us, he's a 100%er who earned every penny we paid him, he'll get nothing but a warm welcome from me on his return and the majority of Ayr fans will do likewise.

Ryan Donnely/Scott McLaughlin to score on Saturday and run to the Airdrie fans revealing a "section B are aw wanks" bib

I'm all for former players celebrating unless they had been at the club for a few years such as Ryan Stevenson. Not into this clapping when a former player scores against you.

I like the general knicker-wetting caused by ex-players scoring and celebrating. I think they're still mopping up the Norrie McCathie stand after Barry Nicholson teed up Stevie Crawford for his first goal for Aberdeen not long after the pair had left Dunfermline.

If a player doesn't want to celebrate against a former club, fine. As long as their act of not celebrating is just running back to the half way line straight away and not the attention-seeking, slow apologetic walk that has every English commentator creaming themselves, I really couldn't care less.

lol @ any fan who gets upset about a former player scoring against them and celebrating.

Dougie Imrie scored two stunners in the game that we got humped 10-2 from Hamilton. He never celebrated (first goal we were only 2-0 down) only held his hands up to the Hamilton crowd, which pissed me off a bit. I wasn't surprised to see him sign for them after he left us.

Archived