Glasgow Robbery filmed

Romeo

So your advice is to jump on two guys carrying weapons that have recently robbed a well off and probably insured jewellers, in the hope your fellow citizens will come to your aide?

The last clown running would be a vulnerable target as the others were supposedly heading for the car down the lane and might not be inclined to return to rescue him. It's obviously a split second decision that many people make all the time. Certainly not advice but an option. Most seem happy just to film it which can help in the long run too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just stick my sensible head on here and say with regards jumping in, just don't when it comes to that situation. They might be amateur robbers but they are still thugs and when you corner them unarmed you leave yourself in a position where that thug will do anything including using the weapon to get away. The poster further up is correct what's the point the jewellers are insured and these guys are likely to be caught in a number of ways and I'll not reveal those on an Internet forum. If it's different circumstances ie a wee granny getting robbed or something where someone is being hurt then yes get stuck right in about it within the boundaries of self defence,but don't put yourself into a position where you turn a botched robbery into a murder when you get the most severest of malkyings.

Also, if you get REALLY good at avoiding criminals you might get a job as a copper.

Can I just stick my sensible head on here and say with regards jumping in, just don't when it comes to that situation. They might be amateur robbers but they are still thugs and when you corner them unarmed you leave yourself in a position where that thug will do anything including using the weapon to get away. The poster further up is correct what's the point the jewellers are insured and these guys are likely to be caught in a number of ways and I'll not reveal those on an Internet forum. If it's different circumstances ie a wee granny getting robbed or something where someone is being hurt then yes get stuck right in about it within the boundaries of self defence,but don't put yourself into a position where you turn a botched robbery into a murder when you get the most severest of malkyings.

Is that you, Rebus?

So... if it was a "wee granny getting robbed" then you'd get stuck in if the robbers were in possession of the same weapons?? But given the same circumstances you wouldn't have a similar go at todays amateurs? Not having a go mate just curious.....

Do you think the police will do the classic no leads etc... Then BOOM they catch them on something completely unrelated.

Aye the vulnerable guy at the back with the axe :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you think he'd be desperate to get away or turn around and swing his axe at hundreds of good citizens filming him....some who might break his fucking legs..........wouldn't want you on my side.

I don't think I'd ever go out my way to attack someone who was wielding an axe, whether they were robbing a jewelers or threatening an old granny.

She probably voted no anyway. Deserves it coming tbh.

Do you think he'd be desperate to get away or turn around and swing his axe at hundreds of good citizens filming him....some who might break his fucking legs..........wouldn't want you on my side.

he guy has just robbed a high street jeweller, his adrenaline will be buzzing and his train of thought will be all over the place and the only clear thing on his mind is get me the f**k out of here. If somebody decides to get in his way he is going to react and with him holding an axe I wouldn't fancy my chances he might not use the thing

Well a wee granny getting robbed is different to the situation in the video as no one has been harmed if have stepped in and used my training to try as best I could with no safety equipment. Today, if I was on Buchanan street I'd have tried my best to detain the last guy running out or tried to get a hood off for DNA opportunities, but I'd be putting myself at risk,I wouldn't however expect untrained members of the public to put themselves in harms way in a situation where there was no injured party etc. Sometimes it's better to be a good witness than an injured have a go hero.

Indeed bud I'd do the same...it's a split second decision but I'd like to think the great Glasgow spirit of ordinary people helping each other like we've heard over and over this summer would come to the fore. Or maybe they have all gone soft and can't see beyond filming stuff on their phones and putting it on fucking shitebook

Indeed bud I'd do the same...it's a split second decision but I'd like to think the great Glasgow spirit of ordinary people helping each other like we've heard over and over this summer would come to the fore. Or maybe they have all gone soft and can't see beyond filming stuff on their phones and putting it on fucking shitebook

Your arse, the only part likely to be taken by the public would have been grabbing anything they left or dropped if they'd got in to the window.

Archived