Disposable income

Adam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mortgage rate is 1.85% and I'm making at least 5% per year in a stocks and shares ISA with low risk dividend paying blue chip stocks. OK, not as safe as cash ISA but over the amount of time you've had with low interest rates you'd be very unlucky to lose money.

We're tied into a fixed rate with a 95% mortgage, so our rate is 5.59%.

This year I've overpaid just shy of £3,000 so far - I've saved nearly two years from the mortgage term and will repay over £6,000 less over the life of the mortgage.

We're tied into a fixed rate with a 95% mortgage, so our rate is 5.59%.

This year I've overpaid just shy of £3,000 so far - I've saved nearly two years from the mortgage term and will repay over £6,000 less over the life of the mortgage.

What?

The more equity you have & less you have to pay means you can get better deals as they come up for renewing.

I've been overpaying mine for the last 4years......was crippling me for the first 6months this year when the house sat empty. Reduced it a fair bit though.

The more equity you have & less you have to pay means you can get better deals as they come up for renewing.

I've been overpaying mine for the last 4years......was crippling me for the first 6months this year when the house sat empty. Reduced it a fair bit though.

I know this, I overpay my mortgage every month. It's the 'mortgage rate is 1.85%' statement I was more intrigued by. The wording used seems to imply that's a standard rate!

Yeah, I'm hoping to get a bit more fired to it next year, would love it to come down to under 80% when we go to re-mortgage.

I know this, I overpay my mortgage every month. It's the 'mortgage rate is 1.85%' statement I was more intrigued by. The wording used seems to imply that's a standard rate!

Some folk will have got base rate trackers before the economy went to shit.

Some folk will have got base rate trackers before the economy went to shit.

Yes, I know several people still on trackers, who are benefiting from the low interest rates. What's that got to do with the term 'mortgage rate is 1.85%' though?

Yes, I know several people still on trackers, who are benefiting from the low interest rates. What's that got to do with the term 'mortgage rate is 1.85%' though?

Base rate is 0.5% so I'm guessing he has a "Base Rate + 1.35% tracker mortgage"

Archived