Nope

forever_blue

There was a spider in my bed the other night. Found out it when I was fixing the covers before getting in. Just ushered the wee guy off. Unless it climbed out the window it's still in the room

I had a fireplace in my house that has been closed off and it has an air grill fitted over it. We get some mahoosive spiders from it that wind the wife and the pets up like mad. Every night I trap them and release them outside but I reckon they have a route back inside cos I am pretty sure that I am facing the same ones every time.

There's a skylight on our bathroom ceiling right above the bath, and a fat juicy spider made its home up there a while back. It's too high to reach, and it keeps to itself, so I've been happy to leave it to keep the house clear of flies for us. Live, and let live.

Was in the bath just now, having a lovely soak, when I suddenly hear a small 'PLOP'...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There's a skylight on our bathroom ceiling right above the bath, and a fat juicy spider made its home up there a while back. It's too high to reach, and it keeps to itself, so I've been happy to leave it to keep the house clear of flies for us. Live, and let live.

Was in the bath just now, having a lovely soak, when I suddenly hear a small 'PLOP'...

giphy.gif

You shat in the bath again

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

You shat in the bath again

The spider, Bart, and I have agreed never to speak of it.

He's a good lad. Not sure what KB's problem with them is, TBH.

Slightly different 'nope': we used to get kittens crawling up into the innards of our car in Phoenix. It's usually between 40-50°c in the summer, which is obviously unbearably hot for any animal on the street, so they try and find shade wherever they can...and the underside of a parked car in a shaded parking lot is perfect. The cats just lie on the asphalt underneath, but the kittens can get curious, and go exploring...which led to two of our neighbours ending up with shredded kitty in their car engine. If you're ever driving in a hot country, BE A WEAR and bang your palms on the hood a wee bit before you start the motor, in order to scare them off.

(I'll be disappointed if this doesn't end up on Facebook, with plenty of shares from Elgin, Zetland, and other tropical climes)

• 2 weeks later...
https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1408343-spiders-eggs-found-in-bunch-of-supermarket-bananas/
Shopper finds eggs from deadly spider in Asda bananas
The man phoned the police, who promptly destroyed the eggs.

"Hello, police? I'd like to report intruders on my property".

17 hours ago, Swarley said:

The kids next door have a swing in their garden. Doubt anyone will be using it today

What exactly were you doing when you noticed this, Swarley?

What did their parents expect by living next to you putting a tree swing up anyway? It must be like that scene at the beginning of Arachnophobia whenever it gets used  :wacko:

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

What exactly were you doing when you noticed this, Swarley?

What did their parents expect by living next to you putting a tree swing up anyway? It must be like that scene at the beginning of Arachnophobia whenever it gets used  :wacko:

My son had stopped on his bike because we were approaching a hill and he wanted to push it. I happened to look up after holding the bike and noticed this beast staring down at me. It said "the f**k you looking at mate?". I mumbled something about being really sorry Sir and made a sharpish exit before getting beaten up.