Stenhousemuir v Morton

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the worst refereeing performances in living memory. Should've had 3 maybe even 4 penalties but Muir sh*t himself. Don't want to see him at a Morton game again.

The 2 goals we conceded were laughable. Should have been defended much better. The fact we were ahead and lost the lead & the game to that Stenhousemuir team is embarrassing.

Ricki Lamie is a carthorse and should be dropped until further notice, what a dreadful performance. Had a wee strop when he got subbed off as well as if he was surprised at the change - diddy.

Could be worse we could be Ayr :lol:

Erm, you think?

As much as we were denied 3 blatant penalties and (arguably) a 4th, we NEED to take our chances more often, we were all over them that whole 2nd half yet we failed to convert any of our chances, and Russell should be starting ahead of Lamie, he was fucking rotten today. Boot Crighton to f**k aswell and put Miller in at CB

Dissapointing.

Guest Alessandro

As much as we were denied 3 blatant penalties and (arguably) a 4th, we NEED to take our chances more often, we were all over them that whole 2nd half yet we failed to convert any of our chances, and Russell should be starting ahead of Lamie, he was fucking rotten today. Boot Crighton to f**k aswell and put Miller in at CB

Dissapointing.

One definate, one very dubious....4 my arse.

Your number 10 ripped us up for arsepaper and the big 4 looked dangerous, but beyond that you showed very little to worry anyone.

One definate, one very dubious....4 my arse.

Your number 10 ripped us up for arsepaper and the big 4 looked dangerous, but beyond that you showed very little to worry anyone.

Both the handballs were blatantly obvious, as was McManus' one, what I can't get over is if that's not a penalty, then why isn't he booked for diving either?

3 absolute stick on penalties there today; both handball claims and the foul on McManus. I'm not sure the Kilday one was a penalty but it absolutely wasn't a dive. Abysmal refereeing performance not helped by the linesman on the far side playing no part in the game at all.

Stenhousemuir started the game very well and didn't give Morton players any time on the ball.

Not sure what happened with the Morton goal, seemed scrappy, but to let Stenny come pretty much untouched up the park and into your box to put a cross in is criminal defending at any level. The 2nd goal was even worse with Lamie just letting his man jog away from him and put the cross in. After that Morton seemed to actually start passing the ball a bit better but we really need to take chances when they come - 3 clear headers over/wide and a host of other chances all went begging.

The team looked very unbalanced today with Crawford offering no width and Lamie offering nothing the left hand side was a bit void until Russell came on.

Great result for us. Probably edged the first half so was disappointed when we lost that scrappy opening goal. Credit the team though, the effort in that second half was remarkable. McMillan and Greacen were rocks at the back. The pressure Morten put us under, they could conceivably have scored 10 - but that would never happen.

As for the pens, the handball looked like a pen, but as for the dive over the keeper, well it was a dive. What on earth were the 2 other incidents?

Great result for us. Probably edged the first half so was disappointed when we lost that scrappy opening goal. Credit the team though, the effort in that second half was remarkable. McMillan and Greacen were rocks at the back. The pressure Morten put us under, they could conceivably have scored 10 - but that would never happen.

As for the pens, the handball looked like a pen, but as for the dive over the keeper, well it was a dive. What on earth were the 2 other incidents?

McManus' being taken out by the keeper. [blatant]

The handball when Crawford crossed in [blatant]

Kilday being taken down [arguable]

And Greacen's handball at the end [blatant]

Dive? :lol: he kicked the ball past the keeper and was completely taken out. Stonewaller.

If McManus dived then Muir was bound to book him: he didn't. For the first two claims he directly looked to his 'assistant' to make a decision - like most assistant referees he bottled it.

I don't think all four were stonewallers at all, but at least two out of four would have been a realistic and a game-changing haul. But given we chucked away a 1-0 lead that's not at the top of my concerns.

The moment where Greg Fleming appeared to wipeout Declan McManus was one of the most obvious penalties I've ever seen - look at the way Fleming lay on the ground with his face in his hands, he knew he was going to be sent off. Why it wasn't given, only the referee will know.

I wasn't convinced with any of the other ones to be honest - the handballs looked as though they were struck too close for the players to adjust their bodies accordingly, and one of them looked as though it hit Stewart Greacen on the shoulder anyway. I imagine the Morton fans will have a better idea of what happened given their proximity to the incident.

Anyway, very happy with the victory but God knows how Morton didn't come away with a point at the very least. I thought Stenhousemuir were the better side in the first have and controlled the play but the second was almost exclusively played out in our half. Greacen and Ross McMillan were absolutely outstanding and dealt with everything the Ton threw at them - some of the headers and blocks were immense. Credit to Kieran Millar and Sean Dickson for their efforts too - the latter chipped in with an assist and a goal and proved he should be a mainstay in the starting XI.

Ross Meechan, the right-back, was pretty awful and McManus turned him inside-out on four or five occasions. He's a strapping young man but he's just not good enough for League 1.

As for Morton, I thought McManus had a very good game; Thomas O'Ware dominated Colin McMenamin throughout the match; Andy Russell made a big difference when he came on; and Robbie Crawford showed some nice touches - but on the whole, it wasn't really good enough. Big shouts to competition winner Jon Scullion and Ricki "The Rifle" Lamie for booting the dugout after getting the hook.

Archived