Stenhousemuir v Morton

No need to change the formation, just play Russell at left back. He can offer the width going forward to allow Crawford to play slightly inside. I think this gives the team the best balance, especially with Kilday and McCluskey offering something different to that down the right hand side.

Lamie doesn't deserve to be dropped for a player worse-suited to defending...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a perverse way, I'm kinda looking forward to this - due to a number of circumstances, I haven't been able to make a league match this season, so this will be the first time I'll have seen the Warriors doing their bit.

No sure what to expect but judging by the recent highlights and comments on here and the SFC fans' forum, I think we're going to be in a bit of bother. Morton have wavered between being very good and being pretty useless; Stenny, meanwhile, have been exclusively dreck for the best part of the campaign.

If SFC win, fantastic, I'll be surprised and delighted, but I've got a bad feeling that between now and mid-October, we're not going to collect any points and will probably end up at the foot of the table. If anyone's wondering, the last time we were in tenth was February 2011.

I don't remember any strong winds at Forfar?

It was a gloriously warm day.

It was sunny but very breezy and our backline misjudged the flight of the ball all afternoon. Led to the first goal definitely. The scoreline seriously flattered us that day.

That great storm of 1987 has already been downgraded to "very breezy". I'm afraid that had you actually looked at the highlights, the only reason why Crighton misjudged the flight of the ball was down to his completely inept display as a centre back that afternoon. Morton train on a plastic pitch all week, so there will be no crap excuses for failing to get the job done.

That great storm of 1987 has already been downgraded to "very breezy". I'm afraid that had you actually looked at the highlights, the only reason why Crighton misjudged the flight of the ball was down to his completely inept display as a centre back that afternoon. Morton train on a plastic pitch all week, so there will be no crap excuses for failing to get the job done.

Just for my own edification I just watched the highlights again and Crighton clearly did misjudge the flight of the ball for the first goal. I put that down to the conditions on the day for a guy who is normally a very reliable header of the ball. He has his faults, no doubt, but generally his heading ability is not one of them.

Making your points in a reasonable tone did not last long, did it?

Just for my own edification I just watched the highlights again and Crighton clearly did misjudge the flight of the ball for the first goal. I put that down to the conditions on the day for a guy who is normally a very reliable header of the ball. He has his faults, no doubt, but generally his heading ability is not one of them.

Making your points in a reasonable tone did not last long, did it?

Do you watch Morton games through a brick wall?

Crighton frequently wins headers, yes, but on numerous occasions he jumps far too early and completely misses the ball. I honestly don't think him misjudging the ball at Forfar was down to conditions. More a lapse of concentration.

Crighton frequently wins headers, yes, but on numerous occasions he jumps far too early and completely misses the ball. I honestly don't think him misjudging the ball at Forfar was down to conditions. More a lapse of concentration.

We will have to agree to disagree about his general heading ability. I think we can agree that he misjudged a header which led to Forfar's first goal. I think the wind played a role and you disagree. No problem with that.

You don't respond to anyone with respect so clearly no one is worthy of it! I suspect you are not gutted for me at all!

Do you feel that it's appropriate for the chair of Morton's Supporters' Trust to be mocking people who disagree with him for having "mental problems"?

Not been to nearly enough away games so far this season so I'm really looking forward to this. We should have enough in the tank to get past Stenny but when the f**k do Morton do anything the easy way?

I'll go for 1-2 with the gorgeous Dec McManus getting both.

His ability to hang in the air (when he's playing well) has been frankly outrageous at times. He is generally a very good headerer (which is a word) of the ball, basically the only reason he's worth having in the starting XI.

One of the worst refereeing performances in living memory. Should've had 3 maybe even 4 penalties but Muir sh*t himself. Don't want to see him at a Morton game again.

The 2 goals we conceded were laughable. Should have been defended much better. The fact we were ahead and lost the lead & the game to that Stenhousemuir team is embarrassing.

Ricki Lamie is a carthorse and should be dropped until further notice, what a dreadful performance. Had a wee strop when he got subbed off as well as if he was surprised at the change - diddy.

Could be worse we could be Ayr :lol:

Archived