Resignation Thread

Addie

A mate of mine from back in the day in Perth resigned from his Electrician apprenticeship by "introducing his Journeyman's teeth to a length of conduit".

I believe he also muttered the phrase: "shove yer job up yer arse" too!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mate of mine from back in the day in Perth resigned from his Electrician apprenticeship by "introducing his Journeyman's teeth to a length of conduit".

I believe he also muttered the phrase: "shove yer job up yer arse" too!

He would hardly say see you Monday boss :lol:

Ooft, almost chewed my first off reading that.

Speaking of resignations and cringing, yours was pretty bad as well. ;)

I was hoping my fellow Dees would join me in a mass exodus to boycott the St Johnstone v Dundee thread. You probably noticed that it never worked.

The Grass Is Greener, on 23 Sept 2014 - 21:19, said:

I don't know why but this had me proper loling :lol:

Link?

Wish I could find it, but it was a few year back now. Keithgy was involved I think, he might know.

Who was it on here that spent a morning euthanising cows with a sledgehammer?

Handily enough, the "worst jobs" thread has been bumped

Worst job - worked in a slaughterhouse in Guildford when I was a teenager. I was given a sledgehammer and told to crack the cow's skulls with it. When I asked about bolt guns they laughed and said they didn't have anything so modern. All morning I killed cows. If you didn't swing the sledgehammer hard enough, the cow went fuckin' nuts and tried to break the crush. Hit the thing too hard and the sledgehammer smashed the skull and you got covered in brains. By lunchtime I was knackered, but when I got to the canteen everybody stood up and applauded. Turned out they were having a laugh with the new guy and I could have been using a bolt gun. I walked out and never went back. Didn't even ask for wages.

Archived