Resignation Thread

Addie

Now before WaffenThinMint cream his pants, I'm not doing a Seamus on you all here. This was a resignation live on air from a reporter in Alaska after she announces she is indeed the owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/22/fk-it-alaskan-news-reporter-quits-live-on-air-4877804/

What's the best resignations you have done / heard?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A barman at the Holyrood Tavern who had a stand up argument with the landlord one night, vaulted the bar, chucked the keys at the landlord and was last seen heading out the door with the immortal words "yer can stick yer bar up yer arse"....

One of my favourite "resignations" was when Erin Go Bragh on Pieandbovril made what seemed like one but slyly wrote it so it never technically said he wouldn't post in the future, causing some delicious salty seethe whilst covering his own back.

One of my favourite "resignations" was when Erin Go Bragh on Pieandbovril made what seemed like one but slyly wrote it so it never technically said he wouldn't post in the future, causing some delicious salty seethe whilst covering his own back.

IIRC you intimated that you were going travelling, I trust that this wasn't some euphemism for holidaying at the Stenhouse Road Butlins.

The Dundee supporter on here (can't remember who it was) after the penultimate game of last season when it looked like all was lost only to return after they clinched the title the following week.

The meltdown was quality reading but the return a week later was a work of genius. It was like nothing had ever happened. Remarkable.

IIRC you intimated that you were going travelling, I trust that this wasn't some euphemism for holidaying at the Stenhouse Road Butlins.

I did go travelling, although people were like "YOU'LL BE BACK" even though I never said I wouldn't.

TERRIFIC.png

The Dundee supporter on here (can't remember who it was) after the penultimate game of last season when it looked like all was lost only to return after they clinched the title the following week.

The meltdown was quality reading but the return a week later was a work of genius. It was like nothing had ever happened. Remarkable.

not the same incident but Fifespud sent his season ticket back to dens park when John Brown became manager, stating he would never be back whilst he was in charge & he posted a copy of his letter in here, admirable stance I thought.

Problem was he took the offer of corporate hospitality for the very fuckin next game :D

ETA

Pretty sure it's non deluded dee your talking about though,

Clearly not deluded...

No siree...

RoversMad, on 23 Sept 2014 - 00:23, said:

not the same incident but Fifespud sent his season ticket back to dens park when John Brown became manager, stating he would never be back whilst he was in charge & he posted a copy of his letter in here, admirable stance I thought.

Problem was he took the offer of corporate hospitality for the very fuckin next game :D

ETA

Pretty sure it's non deluded dee your talking about though,

Clearly not deluded...

No siree...

It wasn't corporate hospitality, it was his wife's season ticket!

Aye that was non deluded dee.

I remember Insight and his "Take it!" signature (a cleverly constructed middle finger insult using only various forms of punctuation) being used a lot before he resigned (IIRC).

Archived