Will Hearts lose a game this season?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If we hadn't had the 15 points deduction....."

Nice to see Hearts fans have recovered from being the whipping boys last year though, must be a nice change to actually be challenging for something this season

Nice to see St Johnstone fans visting the Championship Forum before they make the full time move next season.

Queen of the South might be a draw. Depends if they stick 10 men behind the ball and hope to hang on for a dodgy set piece goal (almost certainly the game plan). Alloa and their death trap of a pitch could be a problem.

Nice to see the pitch excuse in quite early. Rangers at least waited till after the 90 minutes to use it. Just FYI alloas pitch is actually champions league compatible so your excuse is shite

To be honest I think the size of pitches will have more to do with you struggling to break teams down. Definitely think that's what happened at our place. Small pitch and we managed to crowd you out most of the game. Had it been 2/3 years ago, our pitch was quite a bit bigger and you would have taken advantage of it and used it against us. That's the reason behind Murray bringing it in though, so fair play to him.

To be honest I think the size of pitches will have more to do with you struggling to break teams down. Definitely think that's what happened at our place. Small pitch and we managed to crowd you out most of the game. Had it been 2/3 years ago, our pitch was quite a bit bigger and you would have taken advantage of it and used it against us. That's the reason behind Murray bringing it in though, so fair play to him.

Is Tynecastle not quite a small pitch though?

I thought it was on the short side, meaning they had to play that Champions' League qualifier at Murrayfield in 2006.

Is Tynecastle not quite a small pitch though?I thought it was on the short side, meaning they had to play that Champions' League qualifier at Murrayfield in 2006.

I'm not really sure about that to be honest. I said before the season started that we might be able to pick up point against 'the big 3' at home because of our pitch. But having never been to Tynecastle I'm not sure on their pitch size.

Pitch size thread

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/64981-pitch-sizes/

Tynecastle is one of the tightest pitches in the country.

The pitch itself is UEFA compliant but the steel structure comes a little too close to the corner flags for full compliance.

UEFA have exercised discretion and let it be used anyway

Staging games at Murrayfield was as more about a shortage of capacity. The AEK game drew 35,000 people.

Pitch size thread

The pitch itself is UEFA compliant but the steel structure comes a little too close to the corner flags for full compliance.

Staging games at Murrayfield was as more about a shortage of capacity. The AEK game drew 35,000 people.

Fair enough. Interesting to know. Cheers.

Pitch size thread

If the Tynecastle pitch was a pair of jeans, if the wearer farted a bubble would run down one leg.

There is definitely more to come especially once the new players are fully integrated into the style. It's a great time to be a Jambo.

I've saying that for weeks - even when we've been winning and playing well, there's plenty of room for improvement.

Agreed.....it certainly is! :D

Good times. Don't care for the diddy cup - I just want 3 points on Sunday.

Not that I don't care for the League Cup, and the Scottish Cup for that matter, this season but getting back to the Premiership HAS to be our priority this year.

Archived