Yes Stories - What's the real story

Banterous

A few of the No Voters on the forum mentioned the fact that they were bored listening to stories about people converting from "No" to "Yes".

I know that there was a lot of excitement among the Yes voters which leads to wishful thinking and if you talk to people in a persuasive manner, they might tell you what you want to hear or they might change their minds back.

Be interesting to know if you know for a fact that these people actually ended up voting "No" and told you OR something else.

A few of the No Voters on the forum mentioned the fact that they were bored listening to stories about people converting from "No" to "Yes".

I know that there was a lot of excitement among the Yes voters which leads to wishful thinking and if you talk to people in a persuasive manner, they might tell you what you want to hear or they might change their minds back.

Be interesting to know if you know for a fact that these people actually ended up voting "No" and told you OR something else.

Call me cynical but some of the stories were just that.

Oh aye maybe I could have looked them in their frankly disturbed eyes and told them I was intent on "ruining" Scotland.On the other hand I could humour them much like a small child and vote however I liked based on my own opinion which I tend to value more.Your own foot stamping kinda confirms that.

Call me cynical but some of the stories were just that.

It became hilarious one upmanship and puffing up.

I convinced my gran and her two pals(both staunch Nos to vote Yes).

Yeah? Good yin mate. I just spoke to 17 of my mates who were all Nos and are now Yeses.

Just 17 mate? Get out there and work harder. The 437 people i work with were all No voters but I've convinced them.

437 you say? Pah... I've been...

Oh aye maybe I could have looked them in their frankly disturbed eyes and told them I was intent on "ruining" Scotland.On the other hand I could humour them much like a small child and vote however I liked based on my own opinion which I tend to value more.Your own foot stamping kinda confirms that.

How is making eye contact disturbing? You have a high opinion of yourself if you treat yes voters like children. Do you still think you made the right choice now you no there will be no extra powers and £4bn cuts?

I used to particularly enjoy canvessers (from both sides) posting about the support they recieved for their side - none of them seemed to have a bad day. Part of me thinks many would just agree with canvessers because they can't be arsed with them and know they won't call again if they tell them what they want to hear.

As for the 'inspirational' conversions to Yes we all read about online, the cynic in me thinks they were already Yes voters. Merely voting Yes doesn't bring in as many likes and retweets, though.

It is clear that quite a lot of people did change their mind - another case of a majority who didn't not publicising their views.

I used to particularly enjoy canvessers (from both sides) posting about the support they recieved for their side - none of them seemed to have a bad day. Part of me thinks many would just agree with canvessers because they can't be arsed with them and know they won't call again if they tell them what they want to hear.

As for the 'inspirational' conversions to Yes we all read about online, the cynic in me thinks they were already Yes voters. Merely voting Yes doesn't bring in as many likes and retweets, though.

It is clear that quite a lot of people did change their mind - another case of a majority who didn't not publicising their views.

Yep.

The claims of private Yes polling on here showing a completely different picture and Yes canvassers on here seemed to be fishers of men.

Can only assume there were only 3 of them nationwide as each encountered only Yes voters .

How is making eye contact disturbing? You have a high opinion of yourself if you treat yes voters like children. Do you still think you made the right choice now you no there will be no extra powers and £4bn cuts?

That's your opinion not fact as such.My mind was made up and a troup of saltired howler monkeys was never going to change it .

Grandparents all shat the bed and voted no in the booth, 3 said they'd yes it. I never even spoke to them bout it that much

Archived