Will you still go and watch future Scotland games ?

lemmy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really understand this thread.

I have went to every home game for the last few years and several away games.

I have decided to stop going now, due the ridiculous price increases.

I have never sang Flower of Scotland, because I'm not a huge fan of singing songs and I don't really see the point of national anthems other than being a mildly jingoistic, crap tune.

Despite my decision not to line the pockets of the SFA, I will still watch each game on the telly.

I voted no on Thursday. Should I stop being a Scotland fan?

Should I stop being an Ayr United fan, as they are based in Scotland?

I've been thinking about thisover the last 24hrs , All yes voters should hold their head high. support the national team & sing FoS (personally i hate FoS anyway), It's the no voters who should hang their heads in shame.

Except the No voters won't hang their head* rendering the whole thing a total sham.

*Until there's barely anyone in Hampden maybe but the penny will take a while to drop.

I don't really understand this thread.

I have went to every home game for the last few years and several away games.

I have decided to stop going now, due the ridiculous price increases.

I have never sang Flower of Scotland, because I'm not a huge fan of singing songs and I don't really see the point of national anthems other than being a mildly jingoistic, crap tune.

Despite my decision not to line the pockets of the SFA, I will still watch each game on the telly.

I voted no on Thursday. Should I stop being a Scotland fan?

Should I stop being an Ayr United fan, as they are based in Scotland?

...Exhibit A.

No, you must support whoever and whatver you like. It's a free country/region.

I'm not telling you what to do but I'm obviously not going to support a "national" football team with people like you. There's plenty out there who would love a national football team but aren't permitted self-determination. Think a bit of humility is needed. No idea what makes us particularly special.

...Exhibit A.

No, you must support whoever and whatver you like. It's a free country/region.

I'm not telling you what to do but I'm obviously not going to support a "national" football team with people like you. There's plenty out there who would love a national football team but aren't permitted self-determination. Think a bit of humility is needed. No idea what makes us particularly special.

Catalonia should be given our place when they vote for it. We don't deserve a team.

I've been thinking about thisover the last 24hrs , All yes voters should hold their head high. support the national team & sing FoS (personally i hate FoS anyway), It's the no voters who should hang their heads in shame.

Voted no and i am well proud so beermonkey piss of with crap

I'm not being sarcastic here, I genuinely don't understand what you mean.

Can you explain?

I mean to say that I'm not going to support a national team named after a place that isn't country.

I can understand someone supporting a Palestine football team or something because they don't have much of a choice statehood wise. If Hampden is filled with people that actively voted the place a region, I'd just feel like just as much of a twat singing about it being a nation again.

If we have any humility as a place left, we should press for a Team GB football team. Can't think of any argument against it?

I mean to say that I'm not going to support a national team named after a place that isn't country.

I can understand someone supporting a Palestine football team or something because they don't have much of a choice statehood wise. If Hampden is filled with people that actively voted the place a region, I'd just feel like just as much of a twat singing about it being a nation again.

If we have any humility as a place left, we should press for a Team GB football team. Can't think of any argument against it?

You're better than this Sodje. By the same account there should be a Team EU as the major Countries only voted for a Common Market back in the day.

While I don't agree with your point, thank you for clarifying what you meant.

Can we have Team GB vs Scandinavia as our 'derby'? (different things, I know...)

You're better than this Sodje. By the same account there should be a Team EU as the major Countries only voted for a Common Market back in the day.

Standard meanignless passive aggressive response noted, any kind of point not.

Notice the thread title "Will you still go.." If you can find where I've instructed anyone else what to do/think here, I will apologise for being a dick. My opinion is that a Scotland football team is now a bit cringeworthy and that I have no desire to support one. Being a bit curious as to why No voting Scotland fans think we're more deserving than anyone else isn't such an awful thing. Other than mocking a very particular cultural grouping with the Hamish chat, I don't think expressing an opinion on the actual subject of the thread is something I need to be "better than".

And aye rejecting Independence is nothing like operating in a free market, so the analogy doesn't do it for me.

While I don't agree with your point, thank you for clarifying what you meant.

Can we have Team GB vs Scandinavia as our 'derby'? (different things, I know...)

If the games are held here but all the Nordic birds come over to enjoy it with our relatively free alcohol, I will abandon all principles and get right behind the idea.

Archived