This Suggestion That We Are Now A Divided Nation ?

Ned Nederlander

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you will find conFIDEmus is still alive and kicking.

That makes sense - I had just finished reading the other thread which had some extremely reasoned debate until 'Fide' had entered it on the verge of self-combustion.

H B returned for wee while woth a different user name. I cannae remeber it the now.
In fairness he never quite recovered from the whole Anthony c Pick fiasco.
That was a thing of beauty.

Scotsquid.

6 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

That makes sense - I had just finished reading the other thread which had some extremely reasoned debate until 'Fide' had entered it on the verge of self-combustion.

Yes. From a yes perspective, his heart is in the right place, but he is pure rocket fuel.

4 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Can we please have Confidemus back after this vote as well? 10/10 frothing-at-the-mouth entertainment

Not the sharpest are you?

3 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Yes, I was positively aflame wasn't I?

:rolleyes:

Someone just shared a picture of a Unionist gathering up in Aberdeen on my FB feed (there's about 50 folk) - the comments are all about staying safe and watching out for 'Rabid Nationalists' !

Crowd at Pittodrie looks bigger than that tbf.

Someone just shared a picture of a Unionist gathering up in Aberdeen on my FB feed (there's about 50 folk) - the comments are all about staying safe and watching out for 'Rabid Nationalists' !

Nobody deserves to go to a Unionist gathering and not come back alive IMO. Good night sweet Yoons xxx

Last time round, I kept hearing dire warnings from my father about how Scotland was turning into Northern Ireland, and the troops would have to walk the streets to keep us all from killing each other. This from a man who could count on the fingers of both hands the number of times he'd been in Scotland over the past 40 years.

Bollocks then, as now. We're no more divided now than ever, on a variety of topics, but you do get the impression that some of the folk who shriek about this shit on social media are a tad disappointed that almost everybody just goes about their business as normal.

Last time round, I kept hearing dire warnings from my father about how Scotland was turning into Northern Ireland, and the troops would have to walk the streets to keep us all from killing each other. This from a man who could count on the fingers of both hands the number of times he'd been in Scotland over the past 40 years.
Bollocks then, as now. We're no more divided now than ever, on a variety of topics, but you do get the impression that some of the folk who shriek about this shit on social media are a tad disappointed that almost everybody just goes about their business as normal.

Was a running theme in english media during 2014 referendum. Had a pal living in London who had been down south for ten years or so who genuinely thought the vast majority of the electorate had been 'bullied' by salmond into the referendum and that there was constant fighting on the streets. She was shocked to hear that the opposite was true. Here in Falkirk it was more like a carnival atmosphere during the yes rallies and run up tò voting day. Aside from a few orange order / edl nutters and that scouse labour mp there was hardly any bother at all given how many people engaged in the whole process. Irrespective of yes / no opinions i thought the whole thing showed us in a pretty good light especially compared to the standard of debate for brexit.

17 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Was a running theme in english media during 2014 referendum. Had a pal living in London who had been down south for ten years or so who genuinely thought the vast majority of the electorate had been 'bullied' by salmond into the referendum and that there was constant fighting on the streets. She was shocked to hear that the opposite was true. Here in Falkirk it was more like a carnival atmosphere during the yes rallies and run up tò voting day. Aside from a few orange order / edl nutters and that scouse labour mp there was hardly any bother at all given how many people engaged in the whole process. Irrespective of yes / no opinions i thought the whole thing showed us in a pretty good light especially compared to the standard of debate for brexit.

Someone got an egg thrown at them.

Archived