Green Screen Problems!

Ludo*1

Having 'Green Screen' issues when trying to watch a video. Youtube generally remains unscathed but videos on BBC Sport or FB are all suffering from 'Green Screen'. I have the most up to date version of Java and with Windows 8, Adobe is working fine. Any clue on how to solve this? Could obviously provide more info if needed. I'm using IE if that helps any.

Downloaded Firefox but videos have a black screen with sound on some and doesn't play on others. As I said, on IE, Youtube videos work perfectly fine. Everything else is hit with a green screen.

Been having this trouble for a while now so help would be great!

Having 'Green Screen' issues when trying to watch a video. Youtube generally remains unscathed but videos on BBC Sport or FB are all suffering from 'Green Screen'. I have the most up to date version of Java and with Windows 8, Adobe is working fine. Any clue on how to solve this? Could obviously provide more info if needed. I'm using IE if that helps any.

Downloaded Firefox but videos have a black screen with sound on some and doesn't play on others. As I said, on IE, Youtube videos work perfectly fine. Everything else is hit with a green screen.

Been having this trouble for a while now so help would be great!

Can you give us an example? Post a url of a webpage or video you are trying to view.

Swarley, on 16 Sept 2014 - 23:06, said:Swarley, on 16 Sept 2014 - 23:06, said:

Can you give us an example? Post a url of a webpage or video you are trying to view.

I can't watch this interview with Mourinho on BBC Sport for example, I can only hear what is being said. Link.

The only videos I don't seem to have problems with are Youtube videos, pretty much everything else gets hit with a green screen.

I can't watch this interview with Mourinho on BBC Sport for example, I can only hear what is being said. Link.

The only videos I don't seem to have problems with are Youtube videos, pretty much everything else gets hit with a green screen.

OK, I can view that video fine using IE 11 or Firefox 32.0.1. What version of browser are you using?

A quick Google search suggests it might be your either your Adobe Flash settings or IE settings or your video drivers (update them).

• 2 years later...

I have met this problem once, and I followed this guide: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/youtube-green-screen.html to help me update Graphics Driver, then the green screen on YouTube is gone. Before that, I have reinstall my Chrome, disable Hardware Acceleration, change a YouTube profile, restart my router...... Thank God, finally it was fixed, you can have a check on taht guide, maybe it can be helpful.

As stated above, this sounds a bit like a video driver issue. Usually I'd say maybe the website doesn't support your version of IE although BBC Sport website probably has less chance of supporting a modern browser than an old one.

Archived