Jack Harper

jamiefitz

It's the same as with Feruz - until he gets a chance in the first team at Real or elsewhere, he shouldn't be getting a sniff of the full squad.

No problem with him being in the U21s though - that's the place to be a bit risky/reckless with selection.

There's a small difference between getting a game for Real Madrid's first team and Dundee United and/or Celtic.

Harper is quite clearly a fantastic prospect and was the best player on the park last week. He's still only 18 so the u21s are his natural next step.

But holding out a requirement of him getting first team football at Madrid is not an equal comparison to any other player - much less that bampot Feruz.

There's a small difference between getting a game for Real Madrid's first team and Dundee United and/or Celtic.

Harper is quite clearly a fantastic prospect and was the best player on the park last week. He's still only 18 so the u21s are his natural next step.

But holding out a requirement of him getting first team football at Madrid is not an equal comparison to any other player - much less that bampot Feruz.

I did say Real or elsewhere. the latter is most likely in the first instance at least - a loan to a decent top flight or second tier club in England maybe?

I did say Real or elsewhere. the latter is most likely in the first instance at least - a loan to a decent top flight or second tier club in England maybe?

I would prefer he was loaned out to a spanish/portugese club, putting him in an english or scottish team could hamper his development, he plays a different style being in spain so why change that.

Did Barry Bannan not get called up before making much head way at Aston Villa?

Hopefully he gets a shot at the under 21s. If he shows up well, then I can't see a problem with giving him first team squad experience in a friendly or perhaps game time against teams like Gibraltar if we're far enough ahead.

It doesn't look like much of a risk.

Did Barry Bannan not get called up before making much head way at Aston Villa?

Hopefully he gets a shot at the under 21s. If he shows up well, then I can't see a problem with giving him first team squad experience in a friendly or perhaps game time against teams like Gibraltar if we're far enough ahead.

It doesn't look like much of a risk.

Given Gauld's call up 'for experience' I could now see this happening. If it does happen, I'd be tempted to give him a ten minute run out vs Gibraltar if we're comfortably ahead so he's capped and can't be poached.

He's still a young kid, but he's physically taller and stronger than Gauld, whilst only being a year younger so an opportunity may come his way in the next year or so.

I suspect he'll need to be given time with the u21s which he hasn't had yet. That said, he's with our u19s later this month in Lithuania so will be good to see how he does there.

Also playing tonight I believe against Ludogorets in Bulgaria?

It's the same as with Feruz - until he gets a chance in the first team at Real or elsewhere, he shouldn't be getting a sniff of the full squad.

No problem with him being in the U21s though - that's the place to be a bit risky/reckless with selection.

It's a bit different if he progresses into Real's B team and does well there: a striker playing well in the Spanish second tier could easily be worth a look. No point getting carried away though, see how he does in the under-21s.

cool - cheers

Love to see this guy get a decent loan somewhere to bring his game on even if its over here bet he could do a job for a SPL team and do well

Even over there he will need to be tough mentally and be physical if he is going to play for them one day as a first teamer

If he came over and done well it would be a experience to hold on to when he goes back and tries and force his way into the senior team

Quite surprised with the accent actually

It's actually common for people who grow up speaking more than one language to have different accents in different languages.

I know a guy who was born in Wales and has two Welsh parents, but he's lived in Spain all his life. He has the strongest Welsh accent going, but when he speaks Spanish he sounds like a born and raised Spaniard to other Spanish speakers and apparently has no trace of Welsh in his accent.

ETA: You can here the Spanish lisp somewhere in the background.

Edited by Guest

That's really interesting; not even a hint of Spanish accent there. Seems like an earnest young guy. Hope it all works out for him.

Eta, just read the Spanish lisp thing in the post above. Haha, I know what you mean (real tharagotha), but it might just be a normal lisp (apparently that whole Spanish lisp thing is nonsense anyway)

I was surprised there was no spanish accent either. Parents must keep him grounded, however he did say Fernando Morientes as a Spaniard would.

Love his ambition that he'll be first team in a year or 2. Lets hope so.

Also the fact he dreams of playing for Scotland is great for the team.

I was surprised there was no spanish accent either. Parents must keep him grounded, however he did say Fernando Morientes as a Spaniard would.

Love his ambition that he'll be first team in a year or 2. Lets hope so.

Also the fact he dreams of playing for Scotland is great for the team.

Shame that he is not a defender we have plenty of talented midfield men around right now we want to make the jump guys like Fulton at Swansea we want in there team

I'd settle for a Bale-esq player over a Scottish John Terry every day of the week.

Scotland struggle to qualify because we don't score goals - not because we're particularly susceptible at conceding them - despite our mediocre options at the back.

Rubbish when was the last time we never scored Belgium game maybe<scored against Germany twice against England and three against Croatia getting max points the top seeds in our group.And beat Poland with a goal away,scored two against Macadonia away,it is not keeping a clean sheet that destroys us