The Vow

ForzaDundee

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is. Miliband is doing absolutely the right thing.

Cameron is an excellent politician. He owned Salmond in Edinburgh and he's playing Miliband like a fiddle.

Salmond has walked Cameron right into cage, only last year Cameron was telling us no to devo max, that Scotland could not stay in the UK if it had it, now he's begging us to take it.

By a Newsnet reporter

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has flatly ruled out any extension to tax raising powers for Scotland beyond the proposals contained in the Scotland Bill which is currently going through the Westminster Parliament.

The Prime Minister also refuses to consider devolving any part of the benefits system to Holyrood, according to reports in today's Scotland on Sunday.

According to the newspaper, a spokesperson for the Conservative Prime Minister has described additional powers for the Scottish Parliament as "inconsistent" with remaining a part of the United Kingdom.

If Scots desire greater control over their own affairs, they will have no option but to choose independence. The UK government believes that a single UK tax and benefits system is the "heart" of the UK, and will not countenance devolving any of these powers to Holyrood.

A Westminster source quoted by the newspaper said: "There are certain levels of autonomy that are inconsistent with the UK. A unified tax and benefit system is at the heart of a united country. If you start dismantling the tax and benefit system then that is inconsistent with a single country.

:lol:

Yes that's right. That ll be why Salmond has slunk away into the shadows after a humiliating defeat and Cameron is setting about mauling Ed Miliband. Again.

Are you going with " humiliating defeat"?

If he's feeling anything like me ( and I'm sure he will be ) it's gut churning disappointment and hurt.

He can't carry on being FM whilst carrying those emotions.

I'd need to watch that again but yeah, what is he actually proposing? He's on the case. We'll get the maximum devolution possible.

He's spent more time babbling on about devolution round the uk, attacking the yes campaign and begging yes voters to more or less trust what he's saying.

I don't. Do you?

I heard him utter the words, "I'm sure" in regards to the coming on new powers. That's not "they will come".

He has no power anyway and the English will soon remember him as a failed PM who stole from our pensions and buggered up the debt even further.

Are you going with " humiliating defeat"?

If he's feeling anything like me ( and I'm sure he will be ) it's gut churning disappointment and hurt.

He can't carry on being FM whilst carrying those emotions.

Yes, this was a humiliating defeat for Salmond.

Lots of people queued up to say Cameron had made a spectacular blunder by signing up to this Yes/No referendum.

They were told they were wrong and didn't listen.

Until about 11 pm on Thursday evening when Salmond was going to ground cancelling parties and they said 'ah f**k'.

Cameron owned the Edinburgh agreement. He s now trying to parlay it into freezing out Labour for the foreseeable future.

He has been the massive winner here. Salmond a failure.

He should have resigned rather than be bullied into ditching Devo Max by his cabinet.

I bet he regrets it now.

I do believe that the above only happened in your fevered imagination.

As is a surprise to no one im sure you are horribly wrong.

Salmond wanted Devo Max. Sturgeon and others in the cabinet did not and he was outvoted.

Not surprisingly given the paucity of talent in the SNP he was right... they were wrong.

Archived