Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic- Sat 20th September

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We deserved that today. Pars defence couldn't cope with Declan McManus and what a goal he scored. I thought it was a definite penalty. Lamie stupidly pushed the player in the box and the ref seen it. dunfermline didn't look that bad just thought we got right in their faces and didn't give them a chance to settle.

Best performance of the season by far, we were brilliant. McManus is unplayable for a wee guy he always seems to out strengthen defenders his goal was a thing of beauty as well.

Kilday is an unsung hero of this team. I thought he was outstanding today as was Pepper. Dunfermline were really poor and never threatened scoring at all. Who is this Williamson? I thought he was good? :lol:

We're Greenock Morton, We're Better Than You.

post-41554-14112328289023_thumb.jpg

Best performance of the season by far, we were brilliant. McManus is unplayable for a wee guy he always seems to out strengthen defenders his goal was a thing of beauty as well.

Kilday is an unsung hero of this team. I thought he was outstanding today as was Pepper. Dunfermline were really poor and never threatened scoring at all. Who is this Williamson? I thought he was good? :lol:

We're Greenock Morton, We're Better Than You.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1411232829.029085.jpg

Meant to be the guy who was subbed off injured early on I think, didn't seem up to much.

Anyways, really good performance from us, Lamie easily had his best game for us, McManus was superb and took his goal brilliantly, special mentions to Pepper, McKee and Kilday aswell. Brilliant 3 points, onto Stenny next week!

Got exactly what we deserved today I'm afraid. Worst performance of the season from us - at least at Forfar we created some chances. A Moffat header and sclaffed shot in the first half aside, we didn't really have any opportunities of note other than the penalty (which looked a stonewaller to me). Morton by contrast made a number of chances at goal throughout the match and had we taken a point, it would've been daylight robbery. Duffy got his tactics spot on - they pressed high up the pitch quickly, got in our faces and gave us no time on the ball. Morton dominated in midfield, were first to every ball and fully deserved to win.

What I don't understand is why JJ tinkered with the team. In our last three games, we'd played well with 4-4-2 but today he dropped Thomson to the bench, brought Millen in and went to 3 at the back. For me it didn't work and bar a couple of minutes after we scored, we were second best today.

For the goals, very disappointing. The first one is a great strike but Drummond's made a mistake - totally misjudged the ball and failed to control. And the defending for the second was worse - we'd have a couple of warnings with free headers prior but you can't keep giving away free headers without eventually being punished.

Very poor all round from us today and the team collectively had an off day. Thought Geggan was better than he has been in recent weeks but Josh (wasted on the right IMO) had a shocker, as did Gozie. Moff, Buchanan and Martin didn't look their usual selves either.

Hopefully it's just a bad day at the office and we'll recover next week, but there's no doubt the better team won today.

Changed formation to accommodate Millen, never realy got going, reminded me of Forfar performance although ref should have more than just words with Pepper for his challenge on Williamson which led to Williamson going off injured

That was our best performance under Duffy. You could say it's a concern that we hadn't put the game to bed as we really should have been 4-0 up when they got the penalty, but I'm delighted to see us playing that well regardless. Everyone played well but Crawford, Pepper and McManus were really excellent. Duffy's tactics were spot on. I don't believe the narrow midfield is a good idea generally but Dunfermline had absolutely no threat out wide today so it worked perfectly.

Dunfermline were dreadful, special mention for the number 5. Complete tactical mess, it was a struggle to even work out what formation you were meant to be playing.

Jeffries hasn't got a clue.

Geggan needs dropped, Millen has to play for some reason and Ryan thomson changed the game after being dropped yet again wtf does have to do?

Drummond to blame for the goals.

Morton worthy winners and we looked second best apart from ten mins.

Changed formation to accommodate Millen, never realy got going, reminded me of Forfar performance although ref should have more than just words with Pepper for his challenge on Williamson which led to Williamson going off injured

Ref was bad but got the one major decision correct.

Best I've seen us in a long time. How many Morton teams of the past would've lost that game? Great determination to a man from us, that fighting spirit should tell over the course of the season. Onwards and upwards...

Archived