Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic- Sat 20th September

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this as well.

We should be able to field our strongest team for the first time this season on Saturday so if we get pumped we can have no complaints.

I fancy us to win though, 2-1, barrowman and McManus.

Tricky game, as are all matches in this division. We are on a good run at the moment so hopefully we can keep that up. With our players back from injury, apart from Whittle and Wallace, our squad is currently very strong and gives JJ a headache of a good variety to try pick the 11 best players from the start. It'll be interesting to see some of the duals - Buchanan vs Barrowman could be interesting.

Which players should we be looking out for on Saturday? We all know Barrowman is too good for this level, and McManus has started off on fire. I've heard good things about Hands, O'Ware and McKee, while I liked the look of Milojevic last season for Airdrie.

In terms of ourselves, Moffat and Ugwu up front continue to link up well, while Ryan Thomson has impressed the last few weeks. Ryan Williamson is just unplayable atm and Morton better hope their left hand side is good at defending or they could be in trouble. Buchanan and Martin have formed a great partnership so far while Scully, imo, is the best keeper in the league. You then look at our bench and we've got creative outlets such as Andrew Stirling and Faissal, who can come on and give us a different dimension in the second half.

Hopefully a win to keep our run going and continue as top of the league!

COYP! :):D

McManus is a class above anyone in our squad and will cause every defence in this league problems. He's very quick and quite strong for someone his size. Barrowman is recovering from a hamstring injury and isn't match fit but he was decent yesterday and managed to score. Hands is recovering from a long term injury since last season you can tell he isn't match fit and no where near as good as he was last season infact he's been pretty garbage. O'Ware was playing up front with McManus and was decent enough but he's a defender and will most likely play there on Saturday if he does play he's pretty solid but not quality. McKee is pretty poor as well but he had a very good game yesterday so hopefully he keeps that up.

Our most dangerous players thus far are McManus, Pepper & Jamie McCluskey. Our left hand side is our weakest area by far. We either have Lambie or Allan in there both are awful. Lambie missed the game yesterday through injury so were playing Mark Russell there who is only 18 and naturally a left mid. While he is decent he's very lightweight and will struggle against better players.

McManus is a class above anyone in our squad and will cause every defence in this league problems. He's very quick and quite strong for someone his size. Barrowman is recovering from a hamstring injury and isn't match fit but he was decent yesterday and managed to score. Hands is recovering from a long term injury since last season you can tell he isn't match fit and no where near as good as he was last season infact he's been pretty garbage. O'Ware was playing up front with McManus and was decent enough but he's a defender and will most likely play there on Saturday if he does play he's pretty solid but not quality. McKee is pretty poor as well but he had a very good game yesterday so hopefully he keeps that up.

Our most dangerous players thus far are McManus, Pepper & Jamie McCluskey. Our left hand side is our weakest area by far. We either have Lambie or Allan in there both are awful. Lambie missed the game yesterday through injury so were playing Mark Russell there who is only 18 and naturally a left mid. While he is decent he's very lightweight and will struggle against better players.

This is excellent news. Williamson is bound to have fun with that.

Will be going through to this, have some good memories of Cappielow. Winning the league there and shaking hands with Morton fans outside.

Was also there in the 4-2 game, masterclass from Tidser.

Not sure how this will go, hope Morton have a go and expose some space.

Gaston

Kilday Crighton O'Ware Russell

J.McCluskey McKee Pepper Crawford

Barrowman McManus

2-2. Barrowman and McManus. Moffat and Geggan for the Pars.

I agree with your midfield and strikers.

I personally would like to see milojevic and miller as a centre half pairing. Miller was very highly regarded in the championship last season and big stefan is one of the best centre halves in the league. Makes sense to try those two together as big Crichton is a bit unpredictable.

Michael Moffat after Saturday's win said "I don't actually know who the penalty taker is here". Good to see the level of meticulous planning that's going in to our title push.

I wasn't there on Saturday (I was at Easter Road instead) so can't say how Geggan did but when I've seen him this season he's not been at his best. Some of his misses have been horrendous. No shame on sticking him on the bench for a bit. A super sub appearance against Morton would inevitably see him scoring and creating some scenes.

Edit - Win, lose or draw, JJ's summary will be along the lines of "we dominated the game from start to finish" and "Morton were never in it".

Michael Moffat after Saturday's win said "I don't actually know who the penalty taker is here". Good to see the level of meticulous planning that's going in to our title push.

I wasn't there on Saturday (I was at Easter Road instead) so can't say how Geggan did but when I've seen him this season he's not been at his best. Some of his misses have been horrendous. No shame on sticking him on the bench for a bit. A super sub appearance against Morton would inevitably see him scoring and creating some scenes.

Edit - Win, lose or draw, JJ's summary will be along the lines of "we dominated the game from start to finish" and "Morton were never in it".

Monday morning seethe for some bizarre reason, despite your team winning & going to the top of the league. Strange.

Saturday's performance would seem to indicate that we aren't yet prepared to face the Champions elect. After a dire first half display there were some positives - Barrowman scored on his return from injury and young Crawford opened his scoring account. McKee showed a bit of graft and class to confound his critics with a MoM display. The return of Jamie McCluskey offers us other creative options. McManus looks hungry for more goals also.

Grasping at other straws ... we were narrowly beaten by Thistle and Alloa (and probably a bit unfortunate in the Alloa game) so maybe we will raise our game against better opposition.

Having said all this -I wouldn't be surprised if Dunfermline won by a narrow margin. If there's any semblance of Saturday's first half debacle we'll be punished heavily.

I'd be well pleased with a draw at this stage.

Archived