Beith 4 shotts Bon accord 2

Hertha_BJFC

Thought that it was a very good game today between two very attack minded teams.

Shotts scored in the first minute and soon after they went 2-0 up , thankfully we got a vital goal back through Darren christie to reduce the deficit and make it 1-2 in favour of shotts.

The shotts goalkeeper had a few fine saves after Christies strike to further thwart beith and the half time whistle was blown to end an entertaining first half.

Onto the second half and Andy Reid scored from a great free kick strike down at the bottom goals, Paul frize then scored with another fine strike to make it 3-2 in our favour.

Shotts came right back into the game and looked dangerous but thankfully div McGowan scored our fourth goal to wrap the game up in its closing stages.

I felt that beiths joe Bradley was outstanding all day as was Darren christie , Sean McKenna and the shotts goalie were very good on the day too for the visitors in a game that I thought was a good attack minded one between both teams going all out for the three points.

A fair reflection of a good game Bertha, thought wee Joe was on top form.

Where the first half was a 50/50 affair the second half was totally dominated by Beith, playing lots of good footy.

The lad Christie looks a player.

A fair reflection of a good game Bertha, thought wee Joe was on top form.

Where the first half was a 50/50 affair the second half was totally dominated by Beith, playing lots of good footy.

The lad Christie looks a player.

Yup Darren is doing great for me mate and long may it continue.

He's a very positive player who alway looks to do something constructive with the ball.

Interesting to see young Ross brash return to Bellsdale today in a shotts jersey, he was loaned out to us from Stenhousemuir a few years back under frank lynch, Ross was always a tidy player on the ball but maybe lacks that killer pass in his game to be a stand out for me.

Yup Darren is doing great for me mate and long may it continue.

He's a very positive player who alway looks to do something constructive with the ball.

Interesting to see young Ross brash return to Bellsdale today in a shotts jersey, he was loaned out to us from Stenhousemuir a few years back under frank lynch, Ross was always a tidy player on the ball but maybe lacks that killer pass in his game to be a stand out for me.

I was wondering that about Ross after the match announcer mentioned it before the game. As you say he can play a bit, and has recently returned from injury so I hope he can find that killer ball.

We looked knackered after an hour today I thought. Sean always gives his all, but for me the shape was totally lost second half.

Enjoyable game though. Sunny tae!!! Good day out.

Went to the shettleston & pollok match yesterday, but what a result for the so called whipping boys Beith!! When I seen them 2 down early on I feared the worst. If Beith invested good money in their defence dare I say, could they be title challengers again ??? Scoring some amount of goals but finding it extreme hard to keep a clean sheet with an ageing defence.

Went to the shettleston & pollok match yesterday, but what a result for the so called whipping boys Beith!! When I seen them 2 down early on I feared the worst. If Beith invested good money in their defence dare I say, could they be title challengers again ??? Scoring some amount of goals but finding it extreme hard to keep a clean sheet with an ageing defence.

First half yesterday, the defence was all over the place and we maybe should have punished their poor play a bit more.

Although they were always dangerous, especially when you stand off them and let them have a dig at goal. First half was even in my book.

A swift kick up the arse saw a different team emerge in the second half.

Played some great footy and defence was sound again. But I take your point and I would agree with you. The lad Christie is a fine player and wee Joe's worth the admission alone.

Good to see wee Jimmy and the Beith lads again.

I think you've pretty much hit the nail in the head there in terms of the fact that we are all frustrated that we can score so many but can also concede about the same.

Everyone at beith is a bit frustrated at this as if we can get a settled defence coupled with what we've got going forward then we can be up there maybe challenging again in the top half of the table.

Kevin McDonald has played well the last two games for us and has been reading the game well and if we can settle down defensively then here's hoping we can have a good season with a decent league placement alongside some more than decent cup runs too .

Another enjoyable game at bellsdale. Feared the worst when I walked in and shotts scored as I stepped into the ground. Then for me Beith had a shaky 10-15 mins before finally settling down then bombarded shotts with attack after attack. And then lose a second goal and could have been three down (shotts 9 heading over the bar from a counter attack). Finally Beith scored after some unbelievable saves from the shotts GK who was outstanding. Christie is in flying form and long may that continue. Missed Beiths second goal which I'm told was a screamer, and finally we took the lead with a great team goal finished by Frize. Hopefully the defence can tighten up and stop losing silly goals. A few comments above saying title challengers? Not sure about that but you never know. Still a fair bit away from that in my eyes but would welcome it obviously! Just take it game by game and see what happens. Great 3 points and hopefully more to come.

Titled challengers? Give me a break eh. Beith have done well to get 6 points from last 2 games but conceding 12 goals in 3 games won't win you any league am sorry. They will take 4th bottom right now I can assure you

That isn't what my post said. I said if the spent money on improving the defence could they possibly challenge ?

Shotts need to pull their finger out their arse if they want to.stay in this league . The fitness levels of some of the boys are questionable at best and a few where blowing through their hoops after 20 minutes. If sean mckenna aint playin we look average and to be fair beith pulled our pants down in the 2nd half . We hit the bar with a header which would have made it 3 each but beith fully deserved the victory!! We need to pull our fukin socks up if we want to stay in the league this year . Very one dimensional and the only player that offers a real threat is mckenna! Fitness levels need to.improve with some players .. cant have passengers in this league or we'll get skelped every week

Shotts need to pull their finger out their arse if they want to.stay in this league . The fitness levels of some of the boys are questionable at best and a few where blowing through their hoops after 20 minutes. If sean mckenna aint playin we look average and to be fair beith pulled our pants down in the 2nd half . We hit the bar with a header which would have made it 3 each but beith fully deserved the victory!! We need to pull our fukin socks up if we want to stay in the league this year . Very one dimensional and the only player that offers a real threat is mckenna! Fitness levels need to.improve with some players .. cant have passengers in this league or we'll get skelped every week

Agreed about the shotts fitness levels not looking great.

The boy McMahon ( ex ladeside) looked as though he was carrying a good few stones overweight when he came on in the second half although I'm unsure if he's been out injured or not?

Archived