Politics & football

Jackie Baillie was campaigning at the Dumbarton v Hearts game on Saturday. I say campaigning, she was standing there with a No badge on, she was smiling at the football fans but it was a smile that said "OH GOD NO PLEASE DON'T FUCKING ASK ME ANYTHING". Probably wasn't the best game to choose, what with Salmond being a Jambo. I asked her if she would change her mind, she said no, we laughed, I walked away.

That's my experience of politics and football.

politics, class, religion have always had a major part in the terraces throughout football fue it to being a working class game, it is the base of may huge historical rivalries like your rangers v celtic, Barcalona v real, river v boca etc all major rivalries when you get down to it are merely just football based. even man united and liverpool is down to an industrial rivalry beteween the two cities although their rivalry is probably th emost intense of the various manchester v liverpool teams due to both teams long history of success in football compared to their rivalas.

politics, class, religion have always had a major part in the terraces throughout football fue it to being a working class game, it is the base of may huge historical rivalries like your rangers v celtic, Barcalona v real, river v boca etc all major rivalries when you get down to it are merely just football based. even man united and liverpool is down to an industrial rivalry beteween the two cities although their rivalry is probably th emost intense of the various manchester v liverpool teams due to both teams long history of success in football compared to their rivalas.

That Spanish?

Archived