Harthill Royal

davwar78

My husband was doing a job in Greenrigg last night.

He asked about the lads training out the back of the house.

He was told it was Harthill Juniors. He guessed there was about 20 of them.

Where were they all when they couldnt play.???????

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they folded yet or are they fielding a team? Thing seems a bit of a farce and if it continues it's a shame. Also it's a shame for the league as looks a bit of a shambles. Could the league suspend or exclude them for this season if this does not get resolved?

Good luck to them.

...which appears to be the same bitter person who was on here earlier.

...which appears to be the same bitter person who was on here earlier.

Not bitter, just asking for some honesty. Honesty that might save the club.

While the squad was training down at Greenrigg the ground was hired out to a dog club. Hire = money = cash/not cheques.

Anyone any idea where the money goes to? If you don't know, then find out. Not in paying West Lothian Council for their ground. That cost is little more than £1 per year.

Cracking little business there. Lots of income generating activities. Happy to list them if you ask. Shame the club has to play and train with such scabby balls.

Late Edit: And tonight of course the 'bar' will be open at the club. The usual will be there watching their 'big' team against Raith on the club TV.

Bar takings less purchases = profit (gross the same as net as no overheads or fixed costs) = money = cash in hand = Goldmine.

Positivity should be applied here. The manager has took on a big job but is well respected. I watched them against Blackburn and there were a few positives. The goalkeeper, right back, and striker played well so if they can build on them they can have the basis of a team. Dont worry about finances, worry about the team and there performances

Ive been told this by my husband who was working for someone in greenrigg.

The management got sacked for false statements against the committee.

The old management picked up there personal belongings from the club, and also took away all the training footballs, bibs and other stuff.

The guy that is posting on Twitter and on here, is one of those that was sacked.

If so, should he be using Harthill name???.

Come on the real Harthill. How about telling us all what is going on there.

The old management picked up there personal belongings from the club, and also took away all the training footballs, bibs and other stuff.

The guy that is posting on Twitter and on here, is one of those that was sacked.

Be good to get a reply from the 'real' Harthill. They will be watching the Rangers game at the club tonight, which usually turns into a late nighter. So won't be finished sinking the pints until after 2am if previous Rangers games are anything to go by. Hope no police go cruising by......they might ask to see the licence. :o

Be good to get a reply from the 'real' Harthill. They will be watching the Rangers game at the club tonight, which usually turns into a late nighter. So won't be finished sinking the pints until after 2am if previous Rangers games are anything to go by. Hope no police go cruising by......they might ask to see the licence. :o

So, you're pissed off that you don't get invites anymore. Gotcha

Rangers won 4-0.

Not bitter, just asking for some honesty. Honesty that might save the club.

While the squad was training down at Greenrigg the ground was hired out to a dog club. Hire = money = cash/not cheques.

Anyone any idea where the money goes to? If you don't know, then find out. Not in paying West Lothian Council for their ground. That cost is little more than £1 per year.

Cracking little business there. Lots of income generating activities. Happy to list them if you ask. Shame the club has to play and train with such scabby balls.

Late Edit: And tonight of course the 'bar' will be open at the club. The usual will be there watching their 'big' team against Raith on the club TV.

Bar takings less purchases = profit (gross the same as net as no overheads or fixed costs) = money = cash in hand = Goldmine.

Aye ok Davie time to move on,and stop slating Harthill get over it,sounds like sour grapes to me like.

Sparky (my lovely man) went along to West Calder Harthill game today.

He said it was a very tight game, and West Calder just the better team, but not by much.

Harthill goalie saved two penalties, but he said they were very poor attempts.

Had West Calder scored them, it wouldnt have been a true reflection on the game.

Harthill looked good in parts during the game.

Sparky said referee was a little lenient in first half, then card happy in second with both teams picking up a few cautions.

He thinks Harthill will get better as they are a new team, and still to gel together.

The number 9 was strong up front, and unlucky not to score a couple of goals.

Seems like they are going to be ok this season after all.

You assume I am a 'guy'. Fair enough! Secondly I never made false statements against the committee. Nor was I ever a manager of the club.

I spoke to a couple of the players last night. Players who have been there through the no money stage, sackings of manager AND committee members, bringing in SJFA to act as representatives of the club in a legal sense, and the introduction of a new manager. So they know the score.

The club had so little money in August they couldn't afford training equipment or balls. The manager bought them himself. I am told he was trying to do the best for the club. When sacked, are you suggesting he should have left them behind? What would you have done?

This is a club that didn't even have enough money to pay their registration to the SJFA. An ex manager paid this I have been told out of his own pocket.

Would be helpful to know what the 'accusations' against the committee were. I was told it was not the behaviour of the committee generally but just about one person Pat Beattie. The only person allowed to see the 'accounts'. :whistle

Not saying anything nasty was going on, however the obvious question is WHY was it so confidential even from the committee members!

Should committee members be given information on the financial position of the club?

Given the disappearance of the supporters of 'let's just concentrate on the football' or the 'the manager is well respected' or 'time for positivity' think it must be time to move forward on all of this.

We shouldn't expect any response tonight as the Harthill Speakeasy will be full of the party goers. Sipping their Pina Colada's and gin & tonics through to the wee small hours. Happily handing over the cash.

Probably time to be specific about some of the long standing issues at Harthill Junior Football Club. If posted here probably this account will be suspended at the request of the SJFA or Pat Beattie. To get the details we suggest you follow the twitter account https://twitter.com/HarthillJFC

Nothing libellous or inaccurate. Just the facts. Would like you to make up your own minds up on how junior clubs should be run.

Archived