Night of Champions

Adrian Madaschi

This PPV takes place on 21st September the card looks so far:

Brock Lesnar © vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
2 Sheamus © vs. Cesaro Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
3 Dolph Ziggler © vs. The Miz Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
4 Paige © vs. AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella Triple threat match for the WWE Divas Championship
5 Mark Henry vs. Rusev
6 The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) © vs. Gold and Stardust Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
7 Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton
8 Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
My prediction is: Lesnar, Sheamus, Ziggler, Paige(Brie interference somehow), Rusev, G/Sdust, Orton, Rollins( ambrose to jump him after)
Probably another Divas match (I use that term lightly) for the pre-show.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian is a solid midcard hand I reckon. Always has been. One of those guys who you can rely on for at least a decent match.

This. His timing has always been fantastic, he won't rise above midcard anymore (even more so without the two World TItles) but he'll make the midcard look great and can put on good matches.

I'd much rather watch him push midcard talent than the likes of Kane, Big Show or Mark Henry.

Nothing planned for Bray Wyatt for this Sunday (apparently). A special one hour kick off show, no matches announced for that yet. There is a Peep Show segment with Christian and Y2J, maybe Bray Wyatt has something to do with that? Christian vs Wyatt would probably be the best thing they could throw on out of who's left, unless NXT guys get the call up. With it being an hour long I assume there will be more than one match...

By Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer

WWE reported that Joe Anoi'a, better known as Roman Reigns, was rushed to a Nashville hospital this morning to undergo emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. Reigns, scheduled to wrestle tonight in Huntsville, AL, before facing Seth Rollins on the PPV, was in Nashville doing promotional work for WWE Night of the Champions this morning.

Roughly 95 minutes after it was scheduled, WWE Network had an update on Roman Reigns' hernia surgery, saying it was a success. Dr. Chris Amann, in a phone interview, said that Reigns felt severe pain this morning in his hotel room and they recommended him being rushed to the hospital. At the hospital, they discovered a large and dangerous hernia which needed emergency surgery.

His recovery time could be anywhere from one to three months.

Nothing was said regarding Sunday's WWE Night of Champions past that Reigns vs. Seth Rollins match is off the card. The logical way to handle this would be for Dean Ambrose to show up as a surprise and replace him in the match. However, nothing in that direction has been hinted, nor would it likely be if they wanted it as a surprise.

Archived