Ardagh Cup final

Wile E Coyote

The reason behind Cumnock not hosting the final was the possibility of the neds from New Cumnock, Auchinleck and maybe Cumnock being in the same venue was too big a risk too take. Official

Heard that reason as well before Troon was announced as venue so suspect there is something in it.

Cumnock is ideal for segregation don't know about Troon but heard its the opposite where segregation will be difficult.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is that the first we heard of it was when it was tweeted by Scott Campbell of The Sun. As for your comments above, we played the Ayrshire Cup final vs Hurlford on a Thursday night, in Auchinleck on the opening night of the World Cup! Nobody wanted that but it happened and we definitely lost out for it being up there on that particular night. We certainly didn't come out and suggest there was anything underhand.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous as to our part in this.

Nowhere in my post did I criticise Troon for any reason. Neither did I cite a lack of facilities as I haven't seen the ground in years. The people I was getting at was the decision makers who give no regard to fans.

As someone said earlier there are plenty of Junior parks in Ayrshire so a neutral venue in terms of geography can always be found. The only exception to this would be next door neighbours but even then there is a sensible solution (toss of coin).

It's just daft, that's all.

Can ye not just give talbot the cup? New cumocks not going to win it, that boy cammy looks like he is eating himself from the outside in. Want to get a pie and bovril intae that wee lamb. Good for troon they deserve a turn

Good for Troon? .......oh I thought they had the final last year... Oh wait........THEY DID!!!

Absolutely nothing against Troon at all and there pitch is immaculate and there ground is only getting better every season but I'm thinking the bigwigs knew where they were going to have this final weeks ago so why wait till last week to tell us all also why not give it to a different ground each year to give them a turn

If last year was anything to go by,turn up early if your wanting a programme as whoever it was never ordered enough and I'm talking way not enough as I was in que 20 minutes before kick-off last year and there was still a good couple of hundred at least after me

It they're not going to apply any logic at all to the decision making process why don't the blazers simply announce where the final will be held in advance each year when the fixtures are drawn? It can be circulated so no one team gets everything, and if the host team make the final there's then no argument.

From a crowd point of view surely the new carpet at Rugby Park would be a better venue for both teams.

Then there's no conspiracy theories (apart from those thinking it would line Michael Johnston's pockets lol)

I'll certainly be taking this game in no matter the venue!

The reason behind Cumnock not hosting the final was the possibility of the neds from New Cumnock, Auchinleck and maybe Cumnock being in the same venue was too big a risk too take. Official

Absolute crap. Are you saying the neds are dictating where Cup Finals are being played. What is going to happen at Troon, where there is no segregation. Be assured if this game had gone to Cumnock, firstly there is segregation, and secondly any ned no matter what team he came from, showing any sign of stirring trouble, would very quickly, have found himself sitting out in the car park. No way would this type of supporter, been allowed to ruin a game, that had massive cash possibilities for Cumnock Juniors. The botton line here is, the West delegates took a decision, probably intimidated by Scott Robertson, which has cost both sets of supporters extra travel costs, stopped elderly supporters, who had a chance to see the game, if it had remained local, but will not now, as the are unable to travel to Troon. This is two teams from south Ayrshire, living 6 miles apart, both with excellent pitches, and a neutral team in between, with everything that is required to host a cup final, being asked to travel 20 miles to Troon. That to me, shows the true colours, of what is running the West Region. I sincerely hope the sponsors take a close look at what is going on here.

20 miles Cmon lads it's hardly the other side of the country why not talk about the game it's self cos there's 2 good teams and am sure they'll put on a cracking final, if use love ur club u'll be at Troon we have fans from Livingston Edinburgh east Kilbride dundee Aberdeen who don't moan and make every game n thats more than 20 miles for them and that's just home games. Am going for a glenafton win 3-2

Absolute crap. Are you saying the neds are dictating where Cup Finals are being played. What is going to happen at Troon, where there is no segregation. Be assured if this game had gone to Cumnock, firstly there is segregation, and secondly any ned no matter what team he came from, showing any sign of stirring trouble, would very quickly, have found himself sitting out in the car park. No way would this type of supporter, been allowed to ruin a game, that had massive cash possibilities for Cumnock Juniors. The botton line here is, the West delegates took a decision, probably intimidated by Scott Robertson, which has cost both sets of supporters extra travel costs, stopped elderly supporters, who had a chance to see the game, if it had remained local, but will not now, as the are unable to travel to Troon. This is two teams from south Ayrshire, living 6 miles apart, both with excellent pitches, and a neutral team in between, with everything that is required to host a cup final, being asked to travel 20 miles to Troon. That to me, shows the true colours, of what is running the West Region. I sincerely hope the sponsors take a close look at what is going on here.

Yes you'll know everything about crap, you've been spouting it for 40 years

Hate to intrude on a private argument between Cumnock fans but needs must. Have to agree with previous posters, its a final & fans of both sides will turn up to back their team but it is the wrong venue.

The game should have been played at Cumnock. Decent spectator facilities, easy segregation and within easy reach for supporters of both Glens & Talbot; plus it would have allowed any Nock fans coming along for the day out a look at a trophy.

Hate to intrude on a private argument between Cumnock fans but needs must. Have to agree with previous posters, its a final & fans of both sides will turn up to back their team but it is the wrong venue.

The game should have been played at Cumnock. Decent spectator facilities, easy segregation and within easy reach for supporters of both Glens & Talbot; plus it would have allowed any Nock fans coming along for the day out a look at a trophy.

yes we actually wanted to hand the cup we won to glenafton this year!!

That was funny.......

Archived