Ardagh Cup final

Wile E Coyote

It should be at Cumnock. There is never any common sense when comes to Ardagh Cup venues or the league cup in general. It is a case of "last season was fine at Troon let's go there again" no matter what teams are in final or if a larger more suitable ground at Cumnock that is nearer both teams.

Maybe if both teams supporters failed to turn up and Ardagh noticed this then there would be no league cup next season which in the long run be no bad thing but you lose another good Junior sponsor.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does this sort of mince always happen though? What consultation was done on this? (centre of a doughnut, I'm guessing)

The real problem is that there is no-one who can or will provide an answer to it.

You have two clubs who have won the right to play in the final who are being completely disregarded when decisions are made.

Worse than that, the people who pay to get in don't get any say in it either. Of course fans can't be consulted on everything but SURELY there was someone present when the decision was made who said, "The fans won't be happy with this?". To whoch the answer must have been "Who cares?"

Maybe someone with clout at Cumnock Juniors could tell us if they were asked to host it and, if so, was there a reason why they declined? I'd be amazed if they did.

Maybe someone with clout at Cumnock Juniors could tell us if they were asked to host it and, if so, was there a reason why they declined? I'd be amazed if they did.

Part of a post made on the 'Nock Board by wan o our in the know guys.

" I understand the Cumnock delegate put up a strong fight, pointing out the advantages,it was to be neutral ground, that Cumnock could offer, ie. segregation, which by the way is not available at Troon, dressing room plus hospitality room, catering facilities, social club, accommodating approx. 300 supporters, and local hotel availability, but to no avail"

Who in there right mind would not go watch their team in a cup final just because it's not at an ideal venue. Madness.

Boycott pish , some folk have been getting ideas from a certain senior club.

Why does this sort of mince always happen though? What consultation was done on this? (centre of a doughnut, I'm guessing)

The real problem is that there is no-one who can or will provide an answer to it.

You have two clubs who have won the right to play in the final who are being completely disregarded when decisions are made.

Worse than that, the people who pay to get in don't get any say in it either. Of course fans can't be consulted on everything but SURELY there was someone present when the decision was made who said, "The fans won't be happy with this?". To whoch the answer must have been "Who cares?"

All I can say is that the first we heard of it was when it was tweeted by Scott Campbell of The Sun. As for your comments above, we played the Ayrshire Cup final vs Hurlford on a Thursday night, in Auchinleck on the opening night of the World Cup! Nobody wanted that but it happened and we definitely lost out for it being up there on that particular night. We certainly didn't come out and suggest there was anything underhand.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous as to our part in this.

All I can say is that the first we heard of it was when it was tweeted by Scott Campbell of The Sun. As for your comments above, we played the Ayrshire Cup final vs Hurlford on a Thursday night, in Auchinleck on the opening night of the World Cup! Nobody wanted that but it happened and we definitely lost out for it being up there on that particular night. We certainly didn't come out and suggest there was anything underhand.

I agree with you in the respect that its no fault of troons that they are being asked to host this final.

I remember all the outrage in the three years in a row when we hosted it involving meadow and talbot and looking back it probably wasn't fair on them fans ( more so auchinleck) in having to travel up to the most north Ayrshire located town in the juniors on Sundays for a cup final .

Could understand all the fans frustration at the time but it was also unfair a bit on our club as we were subject to loads of moans and groans both via social media and also on the match day and I actually dreaded working at them and giving up my free time at the games at the Ardagh cup final.

I do think that Cumnock would have been the ideal ground for the cup final due to geographical location but having said that troons pitch is probably the best in Ayrshire and they are also a very welcoming club.

Its probably unfair that Troon just like ourselves are being dragged Into the decision but fans will always be frustrated when baffling decisions are made.

Appreciate that Hertha and hopefully most people will see that perspective. We have put new terracing in for this season so now have it on all sides and we will work very hard to make it a good final for both teams. The pitch is in excellent condition which will help the players on the day.

The reason behind Cumnock not hosting the final was the possibility of the neds from New Cumnock, Auchinleck and maybe Cumnock being in the same venue was too big a risk too take. Official

Exactly what makes it "official" ? Has there been a statement to confirm that ? Just saying "official" at the end of your opinion, or "fact", doesn't mean that it is.

Aye nae bother! More pish !

You are coming across as a nice individual on here with your intellectual replies.

NOT !!!!

At least in his 2nd post he used more than 1 syllable lol. If you disagree with something state your reason for it. Even if others disagree you will still have got your views across instead of shall we say a more uneducated view ???

#COTB

As long as my team is in a cup final then I don't care where it gets played. There are some teams in Ayrshire who can only dream of getting to the Ardagh cup final.......or any final for that matter!!

Archived