Greenock Morton vs Airdrieonians

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd quite like to see Hands starting alongside McManus, although out of position. I reckon he's raring to redeem himself from the series of sitters last week.

Erm no thanks, we have enough players playing out of position and based on the 'sitters' he missed last week he's quite evidently not a striker and shouldn't be played there.

Erm no thanks, we have enough players playing out of position and based on the 'sitters' he missed last week he's quite evidently not a striker and shouldn't be played there.

To each their own but I'd rather have Hands any day of the week than that shambolic McCluskey effort.

I'd quite like to see Hands starting alongside McManus, although out of position. I reckon he's raring to redeem himself from the series of sitters last week.

Hands isn't a striker. He is better suited to having the attacking play in front if him rather than behind him (like Weatherson was - and I'm not comparing the two regarding ability).

Hands isn't a striker. He is better suited to having the attacking play in front if him rather than behind him (like Weatherson was - and I'm not comparing the two regarding ability).

I think Hands is best utilised behind the strikers (and he did practically play behind McCluskey at the weekend), and that match against Alloa shows the exact reason why: he managed to get himself into good goalscoring positions 4 times. He's very good at finding those little spaces in and around the box and times his runs very well. He couldn't get he feet sorted out for any of the opportunities against Alloa, which suggests to me that he's still a distance away from being as fit as he would like to be. But as a tactical move I think it actually worked really well, but he's lacking a bit of power in his legs and couldn't take advantage. Despite the misses, I was actually made a bit hopeful by Hands performance.

Hands up front :lol:

Gaston

Kilday Crighton Milojevic Lamie

Crawford Pepper Miller Russell

O'Ware McManus

That's how I think we will line up, but wouldn't be surprised to see McKee in for Russell and Pepper put out to the left. If Milojevic is still struggling, put O'Ware to centre half and start Barrowman.

Morton 3-1 Airdrie. McManus x2, O'Ware. Prunty for Airdrie.

Lister had a great game against us when Dumbarton shocked us with a 3 -0 humping at Cappielow - I'm not sure why he chose to go to Airdrie but I'm sure he'll be fancying a repeat performance on Saturday. Not sure how we'll line up - I think the manager is using Guinevere to pick the team this week- but I hope that wee Scullion gets a shout at some point. I can see him being a 'super-sub' actually :thumsup2

In the tele today that Barrowman is in contention for a start and Jamie McCluskey could make the bench. I thought Jamie was out for 6 weeks?

They originally said that he would be out for 2-3 weeks, and he picked up the injury in the match with Peterhead on 22nd of August, this would be about right. Duffy said that it could be longer, as they were still waiting on results of some scan coming back I think. Seems he's recovered well, but you would imagine that he'll only play 15 minutes or so.

Hopefully the reserves are playing this week to give him some more game time.

They originally said that he would be out for 2-3 weeks, and he picked up the injury in the match with Peterhead on 22nd of August, this would be about right. Duffy said that it could be longer, as they were still waiting on results of some scan coming back I think. Seems he's recovered well, but you would imagine that he'll only play 15 minutes or so.

Hopefully the reserves are playing this week to give him some more game time.

Not that I'm complaining he's back he was one of of better players before he got injured. I've just got a feeling he's been rushed back. With hamstring injures you usually tend to be out for longer than 2-3 weeks. Saying that though hopefully he is alright and he does get 15/20 minutes tomorrow and I agree hopefully he can play with the development squad to get his match fitness back.

He didn't pull his hammy, so 2/3 weeks is about right. We could be doing with him back just now, he's been one of our better players so far.

Hopefully McManus, barrowman, Crawford, pepper and mcluskey all start. That front five should cause all sorts out problems in this league.

Archived