Talbot and Cumnock love in, Fans Zone, Dortmund.

TFW

Just a quick word to the guys from Cumnock who, albeit rather shocked, were great sports. Surrounding area also filled pretty quickly by disbelieving Tartan Army fans who didn't ken what to make of it all.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10613132_10204886581747927_7656114184668755258_n.jpg?oh=3e2aa53ec7aba4814d95a513ab510429&oe=5498115B&__gda__=1418529188_4a754329467396f2277809bffed77771

Taking a club flag, especially one without a saltire, to an international game is fucking idiotic

Don't you know that Auchinleck used to be the capital of Scotland and was the seat of the Clan McGoodlooking. It was earmarked for invasion by the Vikings but because cars were'nt invented at that time they sailed to Largs and raped and pillaged your ancestors. This is why you sit in the house with your red hair and only come down for your tea when somebody cry's Eric or some deaf people go past where you like to ridicule them. The flag that is on show was carried by honest hard working Auchinleck men at the Battle of Highhouse Bing in 1289. I find your statement repulsive Eric and a smear on the good people of Old Affleck.

Why take an Auchinleck Talbot FC flag to an International away game? Don't get me wrong I'm all for Scotland flags displaying towns or groups but a club flag!? Strange one in my opinion.

I agree and I just think its a case of one up manship from the talbot people. Can just picture them seeing the Cumnock flag ( which is genuine tartan army backing ) and pulling up beside it to try and upstage them with the bigger and more Stand out flag that's auchinleck talbot.

Maybe the love in is genuine but I just don't feel any need for it other than thinking that its completely false pish and that its not trying to point score.

Have stirred up something of a hornet's nest with this one by the looks of it.

This was my first ever trip abroad to watch Scotland and went with some local Tartan Army lads from the village. Sitting in the fan's zone in Dortmund I was actually forcibly abstaining from drinking as I simply wanted to remember the whole of the 90 minutes at the game. When I went over to speak to the guys it was to ask their permission to put up the flag alongside theirs, and they thought it a good idea, and I certainly wouldn't have done it had their been any negative reaction to it. It was done with the very best of intentions.

I hadn't realised until i got into the stadium that ours was the only non saltire flag around. It wasn't done to showboat or grandstand but taken to show photos with - the same as fans often take their shirts with them to far flung corners of the world to be photographed with them.

I agree and I just think its a case of one up manship from the talbot people. Can just picture them seeing the Cumnock flag ( which is genuine tartan army backing ) and pulling up beside it to try and upstage them with the bigger and more Stand out flag that's auchinleck talbot.

Maybe the love in is genuine but I just don't feel any need for it other than thinking that its completely false pish and that its not trying to point score.

A strangely angry sounding post there Hertha. And the last sentence doesn't make any sense. Breathe!

For those who think that club flags at Scotland games are ok, what would be the reaction if Scotland fans started putting up Rangers or Celtic flags ?

It's not really the done thing, club flags (and colours) are definitely not encouraged, it can, and does, lead to disputes especially given the amount of drink that flies around at away games.

Thankfully it's pretty rare, and in this instance I don't think it was much of an issue given the circumstances.

Never understood why club colours/flags were frowned upon at Internationals. I'll wear what I want & display whatever flag I'll like and if some arsehole in a kilt who has spent 4 days pished and doesn't make the game doesn't like it then so be it.

Archived