Kenny McLean A huge thank you for the memories

Hertha_BJFC

With a heavy heart just a post on behalf of beith juniors to inform people that Kenny McLean has played his last game for our club due to personal reasons.

Kenny I'm sure will be well known to most on here for his outstanding goalscoring exploits in the west of Scotland junior scene in the last several seasons and will always be a firm fans favourite down Bellsdale way and will always have legendary status at our club.

I'm sure our fans will be gutted to hear this news and on a personal level Kenny is one of my all time favourite players and everyone at our club wish Kenny nothing but the best of wishes in all he does in the future.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah best of luck to Kenny - hes a top lad, as well as being a fantstic player.

Real shame he cant continue to play, as he still has so much to offer. Massive loss for Beith too.

You never know, sometimes circumstances change - hopefully they do and Kenny can get back playing.

Gutted about Kenny leaving. A magnificent player for Beith over the years. Always enjoyed watching him and wish him all the best. What a cracking last goal he had at the weekend. Legend is a word used far too often but I'm sure all of the Beith fans will agree that he definitely is one!

What a way to sign off. His goal against Arthurlie was superb. I just wish he had made this decision before our game. Seriously, he will be a massive loss to Beith and the Junior game as a whole , if he is indeed leaving the game altogether.

Best of luck Kenny, it was a pleasure watching you over the years.

Cracking player,very best of luck.

Kenny is arguably the best beith centre forward I've seen in my lifetime.

Andy Reid is technically better but for sheer pace and playing off the last defender and finishing I've not seen any better at Bellsdale than Kenny .

This is his own quote giving his reasons :

" I'd like to thank all of you fans, players and management for the memories and support from my time at the club. Please know I'm stopping playing football purely down to personal reasons and time required with work and my 3 kids and I'm going to miss it terribly."

I heard this news at a charity match I went too yesterday & I must say that it's a massive blow to beith & could be the difference of beith staying up or not. I also heard that he had a fallout with the management team & that was the reason for him leaving ? Hopefully he'll be back playing soon either with beith or another team as your a longtime retired, he's still a young man with a lot to offer someone .

Good luck in whatever you choose Kenny.

Archived