You want more powers guaranteed? Vote Yes, it *is* that simple.

Casual Bystander

Just to confirm, Brown wants a draft bill placed in front of parliament by January 2015. That's not a guarantee it's just the earliest that he can see it happening. The next general election is 7th of May 2015. The break up of Westminster would happen some weeks before that date (not sure but I believe it could be as early as the start of April).

There is simply no time for this to go through parliament. Especially as, because there was a No vote, there would be no urgency to push through the bill. There would be natural opposition from parties like UKIP or some English Conservative MPs who will consider Scotland getting more powers than what they may see as fair. Not forgetting that it would need to go through the House of Lords and not just the Commons.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh-oh, there goes the unity of the Westminster parties.

I don't think anybody is talking about, at the moment, there being one manifesto across all the three parties.

The three parties have got different proposals but they are all similar and the advantage is in our proposals, I believe.

So, no agreement. How can Brown put forward a plan for a policy nobody agrees on?

A Downing Street spokesman said of Mr Brown's announcement: "We welcome this Labour initiative and we are content with the proposed timetable".

Already ensuring that the electorate know where this is coming from and where to lay the blame when it is rejected.

Gordon brown about to give his speech on BBC news channel.

Labour have well and truly ditched better together.

The BT parties have fragmented and split and he's about to tell us that they have united to give us this timetable on more powers.

Is he offering new powers?

To the ones that Labour were going to offer a few weeks ago? No.

He doesn't speak for the Conservatives, he doesn't speak for the Liberals, he doesn't speak for UKIP.

So, just to clarify, he is going to offer powers that aren't new, on a timetable he cannot guarantee in a parliament that his party is in opposition in.

And good old George the financial wizard is watching the pound plummet as he can't just say that maybe negotiation is the way to go.I'll give project fear their due,they fight to the bitter end.Pity everybody else,who aren't millionaires,have to pick up the pieces.England are welcome to the Dave,George,Nick,Nigel and Boris show.

I have always thought that a NO vote brought about by people buying into project fear would be the most depressing thing ever to happen to Scotland.

But a NO vote brought about by an empty last gasp promise with NO real conviction would be cataclysmic.

I have always thought that a NO vote brought about by people buying into project fear would be the most depressing thing ever to happen to Scotland.

But a NO vote brought about by an empty last gasp promise with NO real conviction would be cataclysmic.

Surely, SURELY a majority of Scots aren't so gullible and daft as to fall for what is now essentially the panicky Labour party v Yes Scotland?

I personally now think we will win, with the percentage for Yes being in the high 50s/ early 60s and it's all thanks to the horrendous contempt that the Labour party/ BTUKOK and the MSM have shown for Scots as a whole.

If the voting electorate can't see this for what it is - a cynical, rushed and panicky bribe - then we deserve everything we get.

Agreed.

We're going to find out next week just how good our education system really is.

Surely, SURELY a majority of Scots aren't so gullible and daft as to fall for what is now essentially the panicky Labour party v Yes Scotland?

I personally now think we will win, with the percentage for Yes being in the high 50s/ early 60s and it's all thanks to the horrendous contempt that the Labour party/ BTUKOK and the MSM have shown for Scots as a whole.

This is my point. How can anyone fall for it?

Would, what Labour are promising, not have a detrimental effect on the North of England and in particular, Liverpool?

I am sure the powers that be think this is a price worth paying.....You can here the conversation.

Politico: But if we give them more powers it will have a terrible impact on the North of the country.

PM: Even better, we give them more powers and these powers hinder rather than help.

Politico: Eh?

GO: Lets promise them whichever powers hurt them the most. I say APD, Income Tax, VAT. We need to protect the city so No to corporation tax. Would this be harmful enough.

Politico: Well yes, this would be devastating.

GO & PM: Good - Lets get it done.

Politico: Just to clarify here. When I said the North of the country, I meant the North of England. Sorry!

GO & PM: Oh f**k!

Archived