18th September - Your plans?

Working the 18th then only a half day on the 19th so no doubt i'll be up until all hours waiting for the result.

If it's a Yes vote then i'll be spend the weekend lifting weights, running up hills and doing sit ups so i'm physically ready for the Russians attacking on the Monday.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already voted by post. Go to work, not staying up for it, don't think I could take it. I got cuaght up in all the momentum excitement but have reclaimed my cynical poise. Will wake up to the No vote and get on with the rest of my life in the sure knowledge that nothing can or ever will change.

Lucky you. I'm setting myself up for massive disappointment, after being utterly sure from the beginning that it was a No vote.

I've always believed there is a desire for independence in Scotland, my concern is whether there is an actual will to push it through. The Scots are known for our glorious failures and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory though. I am far from complacent, but if there were to be no major changes from now until the 18th I would expect the vote to come in at about the low 50's for yes. I said 53% on another thread and I'm going to stick with that.

The big thing will be Salmond's rallying speech on the even of the referendum. All Darliing and the Bitters can offer us is more of the same and the same hasn't been enough. If Salmond can judge the mood and deliver a speech that inspires hope and optimism it could go down as his finest moment, and it will lead the Scots into independence from the Union. Of course, he could bottle it, and err on the side of caution, but I don't see that happening.

What's the difference between taking a week off work and taking a week's holiday?

First week I'm in Aberdeen, the second week I'm actually going away somewhere.

My last few trips to Hampden have taught me not to make celebratory plans when the result is uncertain :lol:

Off Thursday and Friday. Probs nip round to vote and be glued to TV/internet for the best part of two days. If it's a Yes, I'd imagine there would be a celebration of epic proportions. f**k knows if its a No. I've prepared for it for such a long time but I'm sure I'll be absolutely SEETHING anyway.

The pub I usually drink in is showing the results apparently. Absolutely no idea how that would work given the time results are expected. Sounds hellish anyway, would be guaranteed aggro.

Working the Thursday, off to the US on holiday for a fortnight on the Friday with the family. Hopefully the result will be out before I board the plane or it will be the most uncomfortable 8 hour flight ever!

Jesus :lol:

Imagine being stuck on a plane for that long and not knowing the result.

I'm working the Thursday and Friday, il be voting before work and draping a saltire around the massive unionist in my teams seat just to watch the seethe.

If it's a yes il be straight out on the Friday for a party.

If it's a no, a quiet drink, reflection and tears.

Actually screw hitting any street parties or that.

Until last week, one of my flatmates was an English guy that was literally raging everytime he'd seen something with Yes on it, whilst out that day. Used to rant about the SNP being Nazis and that. One of those guys.

If it's a Yes result, I'll probably load up all his social media on different tabs, refresh constantly and tug myself into oblivion.

The idea of people descending on Edinburgh for a perty once the votes comes in gives me full on chills, I'll be crying out both eyes and my boaby if that happens.

Will be like most other days when there is a vote.

Work - vote - watch TV/read a book - exit polls - watch first results come in - sleep - get up to get actual result (or progress to a result) at 6.30 am (that's if there's not recounts).

Aren't you the guy who said he wasn't voting?

I'm on holiday hence my need for a postal vote this time. I'm supposed to be out in the Hebrides with a few like minded friends, however my mum has just been told she's terminal cancer and may have not long to live. Can see the whole thing being pretty sobering even if the vote does go the way I want.

I'm taking the 18th off to help out on the day. I've already voted by postal ballot.

I'll have to go into work on Friday as it's my last day before a two week holiday in Ibiza (missing both the derbies :()

Assuming the vote is YES I hope nothing dramatic happens in the ensuing two weeks. I have visions of my UK passport being invalidated and being stuck in the arrivals bit of Glasgow airport like an old fat Tom Hanks.

I'm on holiday hence my need for a postal vote this time. I'm supposed to be out in the Hebrides with a few like minded friends, however my mum has just been told she's terminal cancer and may have not long to live. Can see the whole thing being pretty sobering even if the vote does go the way I want.

Without wishing to intrude, does she support independence? Not that I am in any way suggesting a vote either way is more important to you than your mum, but, and I really don't wish to sound trite, if she was a supporter of independence then to see Scotland become independent may give her some comfort.

As I say, apologies if that sounds trite and I hope you take it as it's intended.

Archived