Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2014 - 15

eehheematin

Yeah seen the enclosure down today when passing, I believe that after training tonight its gates closed for the Final final time, not been managing to get to many games so far this season, but I have been kept up to date by fellow fans which is appreciated hopefully get at least a match in once or twice a month very soon Cmon the Rabs :thumsup2

1953 ? Dam long long long time. Youour favourite game at adamslie?

Any game we won, but for old times sake I'll say that very first game.

It was the first leg of the Coronation cup and Kilsyth won 2-0, 5-0 on aggregate as we had won 3-0 in the first leg at Duncansfield.

All five goals scored by Arthur Walls who moved on to Airdrie.

Also in that team were Roy Lowe in goal, Willie Westwater and Pat McAndrew at fullback, half backs Glover , Bryden and O'Brien.

Up front we had the Mulhall brothers, Martin and George, as well as Walls and jimmy Harrower who had a long career at Hibs and Liverpool.

No junior team of the present day could come near a team of that quality.

Mind you we had an even better team the following season.

You n big Davie should rite a book

Long as you dont ' rite ' one what with your spelling ! That's denny eduction for you ! :P

in today's clydebank post that yoker manager is interested in signing Ritchie Chang

Ah thanks for that , says in kirky herald ritchie just wasn't getting much time on the pitch and he needed football. Manager wished him all the best , they are obviously good friends from their playing days.

Hope he gets the move and gets playing with them , good memories of chang playing for the Roy a few years ago.

I already have.

And it's called ?

Any game we won, but for old times sake I'll say that very first game.

It was the first leg of the Coronation cup and Kilsyth won 2-0, 5-0 on aggregate as we had won 3-0 in the first leg at Duncansfield.

All five goals scored by Arthur Walls who moved on to Airdrie.

Also in that team were Roy Lowe in goal, Willie Westwater and Pat McAndrew at fullback, half backs Glover , Bryden and O'Brien.

Up front we had the Mulhall brothers, Martin and George, as well as Walls and jimmy Harrower who had a long career at Hibs and Liverpool.

No junior team of the present day could come near a team of that quality.

Mind you we had an even better team the following season.

Not got a clue what you are on about but liked that post all the same , thanks garrellburn .

Well done rob roy. Excellent result again today to see us go top. Why have we not got another league game scheduled at all?

You would be better off asking a question on brain surgery or rocket science. More chance of getting an answer matin ha.

Actually glad to get that game over with early in the season while the weather was decent.Greenock are a really hard working awkward side to play against , aggressive , and up for it.

Wasn't a great performance today from us , played in patches. Two really well taken goals from Jamie Hunter and Ryan Tiffany . Gary McMenamin slotted into left back today and did a solid job , though prefer him further forward in the middle of the pitch.Not sure why the young lad Aitken wasn't even on the subs bench today . Solid again from finnegan , murdoch , Barr , Upton busy as ever , not sure what to make of the two young lads in the middle of the pitch the game seems to bypass them at times imo.Was surprised to see Duff playing today as heard he was out for a few weeks.

Anyway enough of my random thoughts, lots to work on for us , good win though. Good to see. Ravenscraig has been spruced up a bit since i was last at it .Couple of the sub were a right pair of fannies , anyone at the game will know what i mean , manager came across as a decent guy so good luck to him .

Archived