Mr Gandosaur

All things Dundee FC

He's certainly shown that he can find the net from open play, which is a bonus, but don't feel that he adds a whole lot else. Not a terrible piece of business (another 5-10 goals this season would be most welcome), but am hoping something else is in the pipeline...

Ok with that, despite feeling we need better.
I'm not holding out for a striker. Reckon McCann has plans for Wighton to come in and do a job when he's fully fit.

I'll be satisfied if we can secure O'Hara and Meekings extensions beyond the end of the season.

22 minutes ago, dburns said:

I'm not holding out for a striker. Reckon McCann has plans for Wighton to come in and do a job when he's fully fit.

I'll be satisfied if we can secure O'Hara and Meekings extensions beyond the end of the season.

.....and Gowser.

Anyone hear the fitba hacks interview if craig burley? Second episode went into detail about his time at dens. Comes across as an arrogant wee fud. Said the contract he was on at Dundee wasn’t big. I’m sure he was meant to be on around 5k a week. And he didn’t get paid a penny and Ian McCall wanted at the dabs. Pity he didn’t sign for them 🤣

Funny that Sibbald and Harkins should be mentioned in consecutive posts as the former utterly bodied the latter on Saturday.

If you come for my Tom Taiwo #Dunkirk is dead.

#Dunkirk will never die mate.

Thank you.

That's a lot of shite. Hendry would breeze into their first team now. And they're skint.

I don't know what's more of a minter for Kevin- the lazy assumption of Dundee's Twitter handle or the hilarious suggestion that Sevco have £750k to spend.

Daily Record following a similar story today saying Celtic are preparing to bid 800k but a Dens Park source said that would come absolutely, nowhere close to what we want.

It's good to see that we are making a public stand. If Celtic actually do bid 800k I'd expect Hendry to be a Celtic player by the end of the day.

That being said, if he doesn't have a clause in his contract it'd be the first time we'd actually get to see Nelms react to a bid and see how he values our players. Our owners are pretty successful businessmen, probably the most successful businessmen to own a Scottish club at this moment in time. They've never experienced the hassle of an OF club courting a 'diddy' club player before and it's not as if Keyes will be pressurised by the media, he spends the majority of his time in Texas. I reckon there's potential for us to just tell Celtic to cough up an unreasonable figure or just bolt.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Daily Record following a similar story today saying Celtic are preparing to bid 800k but a Dens Park source said that would come absolutely, nowhere close to what we want.

It's good to see that we are making a public stand. If Celtic actually do bid 800k I'd expect Hendry to be a Celtic player by the end of the day.

That being said, if he doesn't have a clause in his contract it'd be the first time we'd actually get to see Nelms react to a bid and see how he values our players. Our owners are pretty successful businessmen, probably the most successful businessmen to own a Scottish club at this moment in time. They've never experienced the hassle of an OF club courting a 'diddy' club player before and it's not as if Keyes will be pressurised by the media, he spends the majority of his time in Texas. I reckon there's potential for us to just tell Celtic to cough up an unreasonable figure or just bolt.

It's complete nonsense. Scottish teams always sell their players for peanuts and then get into a right state spending a fortune on the general instability that follows which can even result in relegation which hugely damages the structure of the club.

Even Motherwell being applauded for getting a 'good' fee for Moult is a nonsense and a sign of how low expectations have fallen. I think they'll be OK but in the last round of fixtures they have hit relegation form (4 points from the last round of fixtures) and they've just given away a tool which I think would make survival near certain and thrown their hopes to someone completely erratic. There's never an ideal time to lose a player but at least they would have had more manoeuvrability to adapt in the summer. It could genuinely be a mistake which dooms the club to the second tier for 5-10 years and suffocates their long-term attendance figures.

£350k for Thistle to lose their best defender as well has the potential to be completely disastrous for them. You can't keep players forever and there does come a time but with the risk involved in losing these guys, fees around seven figures are justified and that sort of money is easily in the game.  Scottish teams really need to stop being absolute shitebags when it comes to this sort of thing, they really are not getting a fair fee and time and time again, we see teams coming off worse. Thompson at United at least got good money for players and wasn't so hasty until the mismanagement and self-destruction in their last season (although I expect management decisions like choosing an amateur goalkeeper as number 1 'keeper for the season were catalysts).

For Hendry, I hope the board do hold out and get something fair. My worry would usually be that their inexperience in this would mean they'd be a bit over-reliant on counsel (and fall for thick as shit media pieces) but they have now seen the difficulty in what happened when we lost Hemmings and Stewart; McCann also seems to be fighting his corner and it's implied he's pushing for a high fee.

Radio Tay saying that the Saintees are in for Danny Swanson again. He’d be a perfect signing for us imo, play him in El Bahktoui position. 

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's complete nonsense. Scottish teams always sell their players for peanuts and then get into a right state spending a fortune on the general instability that follows which can even result in relegation which hugely damages the structure of the club.

Even Motherwell being applauded for getting a 'good' fee for Moult is a nonsense and a sign of how low expectations have fallen. I think they'll be OK but in the last round of fixtures they have hit relegation form (4 points from the last round of fixtures) and they've just given away a tool which I think would make survival near certain and thrown their hopes to someone completely erratic. There's never an ideal time to lose a player but at least they would have had more manoeuvrability to adapt in the summer. It could genuinely be a mistake which dooms the club to the second tier for 5-10 years and suffocates their long-term attendance figures.

£350k for Thistle to lose their best defender as well has the potential to be completely disastrous for them. You can't keep players forever and there does come a time but with the risk involved in losing these guys, fees around seven figures are justified and that sort of money is easily in the game.  Scottish teams really need to stop being absolute shitebags when it comes to this sort of thing, they really are not getting a fair fee and time and time again, we see teams coming off worse. Thompson at United at least got good money for players and wasn't so hasty until the mismanagement and self-destruction in their last season (although I expect management decisions like choosing an amateur goalkeeper as number 1 'keeper for the season were catalysts).

For Hendry, I hope the board do hold out and get something fair. My worry would usually be that their inexperience in this would mean they'd be a bit over-reliant on counsel (and fall for thick as shit media pieces) but they have now seen the difficulty in what happened when we lost Hemmings and Stewart; McCann also seems to be fighting his corner and it's implied he's pushing for a high fee.

The issue is players force a move. Our clubs hold almost zero appeal. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Radio Tay saying that the Saintees are in for Danny Swanson again. He’d be a perfect signing for us imo, play him in El Bahktoui position. 

You've no chance if we're interested. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've no chance if we're interested. 

:lol: speechless 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The issue is players force a move. Our clubs hold almost zero appeal. 

They are contractually obliged to play and once February 1st comes, they need to be playing to attract suitors.

It's not ideal to have an unsettled player and ideally, you let them go for a good fee but it is a process which will often require huge upheaval in itself (i.e. a team often to change how they play - a run of form which usually then leads to a large compensation payout to a sacked manager). You're never going to keep players forever but asserting a little bit more control over the situation and even allowing a player to leave for free is often more beneficial than a couple of hundred thousand which will be squandered as quick as it arrives.