All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Maybe McCann did tell them no? At the end of the day, selling players has absolutely nothing to do with McCann. He can give his opinion, but it's the board that accepts and rejects the offers. That's how a business works.

Allan only played around half our games this season anyway so that one has been blown way out of proportion.

Hopefully the new defender is solid enough and can step in beside Meekings.

Hence why I included Nelms in my criticism. - ETA: Although McCann said he wouldn't have let Hendry go 'if it wasn't right' - So it suggests he did have the option.

Allan only played around half of our games due to McCann's dodgy team line-ups, which today he done yet again. Allan should have been first name on the team-sheet. We create next to nothing without him.

Edited by Ludo*1

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

There’s just too few footballers in our team and we’ve just punted 2 of our best. Didn’t think O’Dea or Waddell we’re actually that bad. I realise this is sacrilege but I think we’ve totally over hyped Kamara and when you have a 3 with him and O’Hara your almost bound to get rolled. Felt sorry for Murray, looks ok on the ball but never had a sniff. Our over pedestrian way of playing will struggle to suit him. Haber was absolute shite. McGowan only guy getting pass marks from me.

Exactly Spud.  Against teams around us it’s about getting the ball in the box quickly.  Goals will come from mistakes.

7 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

We just shipped 4 goals at home to fucking Ross County - you think a good attacking midfielder will solve our problems?

Of course not, hopefully Meekings and the new boy we've signed alongside getting Jon back in should help. There are at least players sitting out who are capable of changing today's backline.

There's practically no-one there to add any sort of attacking threat to support of strikers. Upfront is where we need/needed bodies.

Just now, Louis Litt said:

Of course not, hopefully Meekings and the new boy we've signed alongside getting Jon back in should help. There are at least players sitting out who are capable of changing today's backline.

There's practically no-one there to add any sort of attacking threat to support of strikers. Upfront is where we need/needed bodies.

We need both and that is the worrying thing. Shit at the back and toothless up front. Our only saving grace might be how bad Hamilton are and St Johnstone in free fall. The rest are improving.

4 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

We need both and that is the worrying thing. Shit at the back and toothless up front. Our only saving grace might be how bad Hamilton are and St Johnstone in free fall. The rest are improving.

We are the perennial survivors though, so you might need to be responsible for your own fate, if we don't get totally detached pre the split, the mini league end of season matches will be nail biters for everyone involved.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

The knicker wetting everytime we lose is really tiring.

We just got papped 1-4 at home. To the team bottom of the league. To a team that hadn't won in over 12 games. Days after we sold our best CH and allowed our practically only creative outlet leave.

The constant wave of happy clapping, whilst admirable, won't cut it today. We've had more abject performances than good ones and today was about as bad as it gets.

We just got papped 1-4 at home. To the team bottom of the league. To a team that hadn't won in over 12 games. Days after we sold our best CH and allowed our practically only creative outlet leave.
The constant wave of happy clapping, whilst admirable, won't cut it today. We've had more abject performances than good ones and today was about as bad as it gets.

1 bad game doesn't merit some of the pish I've seen on here and on social media. McCann got it wrong today, hopefully he'll learn from it.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

1 bad game doesn't merit some of the pish I've seen on here and on social media. McCann got it wrong today, hopefully he'll learn from it.

It's not the first bad game nor is it the only factor in the 'knicker wetting' as you put it.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

As a paying customer I have a right to. We were not value for our money today.
Wonder if I can get a refund ? ;-)

The guy in the bobby cox who's spent every game I've been to for about the past 8 years shouting and moaning said the exact same thing today when he was called out about it. He has a pretty distinguishable voice and I'm sure some other folk know who I mean.

Are you the c**t in the bobby cox, G man?

It's not the first bad game nor is it the only factor in the 'knicker wetting' as you put it.

Of course it's not the first bad game. It's Dundee ffs. We've got a young manager in his first full season as a manager, he's going to make mistakes. Like I said, he'll hopefully learn. We're still in the same position in the league as e were before kick off. Not a disaster.

And sorry Ross but I'm with Ludo here. That was utterly abject and deserves slated from all angles. It's not knicker-wetting in the slightest.

I'm not talking about the criticism of the performance today - I have also criticised our performance today. It's the people who come out with the "relegation fodder" "we're doon" pish after every loss. Not necessarily just on here, but social media as well.

Aye, because we sold two players to Celtic on deadline day and didn't replace them adequately, whereas Dundee....oh

We sold one - Jack Hendry. Allan wasn't our player and if you're including Bain - he wasn't at the club for the rest of the season anyway.