All things Dundee FC

Came on here to say - The tying down of Lambert and what seems like an astute replacement for our dev. teams' top scorer is actually very positive news. With Henvey now (when back from injury) in the first team picture it's great to see the club taking developing our own talent seriously and directly resowing the seeds to keep us growing the best plants, ken.

Leaving here thinking - Simon Murray. Simon Murray who couldn't fix my shower. Simon Murray, who earcupped the Derry as united went 1 up on 2/5/16. Simon fucking Murray might be signing for us. f**k me sideways.

If true that Murray has signed on loan then Allan is either off or he's part of a permanent deal for Celtic to get Hendry. Personally I'd rather have Hendry till the end of the season - Allan has not quite been the player we've needed - too much of a luxury in a team battling in the bottom half of the table. I still think we have creativity there in the shape of Deacon and our fullbacks to give Murray the service he needs.

3 minutes ago, CC 33 said:

Apparently the Murray story in the record is a load of shite and he’s not signing for us.

He's claimed he doesn't know what's happening. Aka there's definitely something in it.

Edited by Louis Litt

Im done. :-(.

So that was two different players ?

We have 2 players signed up from 2 different English clubs ? That's all that has happened today?

You're right, I'm wrong. Shouldn't have gone back to work for an hour[emoji1]

The boys who signed for Clyde are two completely different players and were linked to us on here by someone else. Ignore what I've said.

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If true that Murray has signed on loan then Allan is either off or he's part of a permanent deal for Celtic to get Hendry. 

It seems we've been misinterpreting the rules (myself included). Here's the relevant part:

59. Subject to Regulations 64, a Club shall not: -

(iv) at any time have more than one Player Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined from any one Club for the time being eligible to participate in the same Division as itself;

So that reads as one loan from a single club, but you can have more than one loan player if they're from different clubs (up to the maximum permitted number of loan players overall). 

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

It seems we've been misinterpreting the rules (myself included). Here's the relevant part:

So that reads as one loan from a single club, but you can have more than one loan player if they're from different clubs (up to the maximum permitted number of loan players overall). 

Taken from harry94 on TBD. This from Regulations 64 that the bit you posted refers to:

(ii) at any time have Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard
Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined more
than one Player who is not be an Under 23 Player

Edited by Netan Sansara

On paper Murray is probably the exact signing we needed. I'm just going to find it extremely difficult to watch.

He’s not an Allan replacement but Simon Murray will charge everything down for you and will be a good partner for big Moussa or Haber. When Murray was In the 6 yard box he was excellent for us finishing wise but when he had time to think he wasn’t so.

20 minutes ago, The Master said:

You can't have more than one over 23 on loan. So you can only have one of Hendry, Allan or Murray on a loan deal. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can't have more than one over 23 on loan. So you can only have one of Hendry, Allan or Murray on a loan deal. 

Hendry is 22 though, so we can have Hendry and Murray (if Hendry signs for Celtic), just not Hendry and Allan (same club) or Allan and Murray (both over 23). 

I'd take Murray in a minute, boyhood fan and probably better than anything we have up front at the moment. Were the dabs slaughtering him for being a Dee when he was banging in the goals...were they f**k...and if he did sign for us and that's a big if because personally I don't think we can afford him, but if he signed and started scoring for us he'd be a fucking hero like anyone else would and  the fact he played for the dabs would soon be forgotten! Remember Tommy Coyne? 

3 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Hendry is 22 though, so we can have Hendry and Murray (if Hendry signs for Celtic), just not Hendry and Allan (same club) or Allan and Murray (both over 23). 

Turns out it's over 21...

D5.4 Subject to Rule D5.7 and D5.12, a Club shall not be permitted to have more

than 4 Players Registered to it on the basis of temporary transfers at any one

time and of those Players not more than one shall have been over 21 years of

age on the date of his Registration to that Club

He’s not an Allan replacement but Simon Murray will charge everything down for you and will be a good partner for big Moussa or Haber. When Murray was In the 6 yard box he was excellent for us finishing wise but when he had time to think he wasn’t so.

You fucking have him then ..

Fundesliga quality at best

I'd take Murray in a minute, boyhood fan and probably better than anything we have up front at the moment. Were the dabs slaughtering him for being a Dee when he was banging in the goals...were they f**k...and if he did sign for us and that's a big if because personally I don't think we can afford him, but if he signed and started scoring for us he'd be a fucking hero like anyone else would and  the fact he played for the dabs would soon be forgotten! Remember Tommy Coyne? 

Tommy coyne didn't run round cupping his ears and giving it the GIRUY to when his team scored in a derby.
Tommy coyne never claimed to be a dee.
Tommy coyne never sat in the Eddie Thomson stand watching the DABS.

Even if he is a Dee. Hes not a very good one.

Just my opinion.