All things Dundee FC

I think McGowan deserves a new deal. Bleeds commitment. Not always to the right things but hey ho.

I don't mind Moussa but know we need work in attack. However whatever happens now and in the summer we shouldn't ditch ten players and sign another ten like the last three seasons. Even Football Manager knows that if you do that you spend a good portion of the following year playing crap.

We have quite an exciting young squad with lots of potential to grow. Three in at most for me.

Edited by The Algebraist

9 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

He'll be our 2nd choice for sure. Laidlaw is out injured.

Why do the dundee fans hate him? 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Because he's shite and got an attitude problem.

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Last 2 seasons:

With Bain: 49 games played 4 clean sheets.

Without Bain: 9 games played 5 clean sheets.

Pretty much this, as well as having words with fans every other game. If I was a Dee I'd punch his puss, but I'm not so I find it mildly amusing.

The fact he's been a warbling shitebag for the past 18 months means Hibs shouldn't touch him with a barge poll. was it not about this time last year - when he still had 18 months left to run of his contract - that he decided to tell all that he was leaving Dundee at the end of his contract and hopefully before?

I doubt he'll go to Hibs if he's signing as a back up. He'll reckon he's worth a number one jersey somewhere, and probably at a 'bigger' club.

League two in England beckons and Dundee will be well shot of him.

10 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

McGowan was one of our standouts against Partick. Apart from that, he's been consistently decent IMO.

Not sure where this hate's coming from. He's def worth an extension if you ask me.

Thank you.

I definitely don’t hate him and would be delighted to have him as a back up.  I’ve explained previously what I think his shortcomings are.  That, coupled with his physical style of play makes me wonder if he should continue be a first choice now he’s in his 30s.

He’s been a great servant to the club, of that there is no doubt, but you’ve got to look to the future.  The fact that the team are better with him in the side doesn’t mean that McCann shouldn’t be considering a younger replacement.

I agree with others though that there are a good few others I would look to get rid of first.  The trouble is they are all still in contract.

Edited by Shadow Play

I'm sure I read somewhere that there was interest in Bain from MK Dons in the summer so hopefully that daft c**t Neilson takes him off our hands in January.

Also had a quick look on wiki regarding McGowan, this is the most appearances he's made at one club. He loves us and we love him. New deal for me.

I'm sure I read somewhere that there was interest in Bain from MK Dons in the summer so hopefully that daft c**t Neilson takes him off our hands in January.

Also had a quick look on wiki regarding McGowan, this is the most appearances he's made at one club. He loves us and we love him. New deal for me.
Think he did make more at st mirren, having initially spent a season on loan there. I'd be looking to sign him up to a one year contract. Would definitely be a mistake to lose him. Especially when we've got such a young team and there's been no noticeable downturn in his form.

The Herald has us as agreeing a deal with Celtic for Jack Hendry in which he'll stay at Dens till the end of the season on loan. That'd mean we'd see Allan punted back to Celtic or he'd be part of the deal ie, joining permanently. Otherwise it's just another bullshit article.

Hiya ab'dy,

Christmas is almost upon us, so it's time to play a festive addition of Keep, Release, Execute.

Same rules as last time; who does everyone want to keep, who would you like to see gone in the January window and (most importantly), who would you like to see publicly executed for their sins? You can have as many 'keep' or 'release' votes as you like, however you're limited to one execution. 

This years executions are to happen in the City Square with the trap door opening as we welcome in the New Year.

Here's the list along with my thoughts:

Goalkeepers
Scott Bain Execute
Elliott ParishKeep

Defenders
Cammy KerrKeep
Kevin HoltKeep
James McPakeRelease
Darren O’DeaRelease
Jon AurtenetxeKeep
Julen ExtxabegurenRelease
Jack HendryKeep
Josh MeetingsKeep
Kostadin GadzhalovKeep
Kerr WaddellKeep

Midfielders
James VincentRelease
Glen KamaraKeep
Scott Allan (loan)Keep
Mark O’HaraKeep
Paul McGowanKeep
Roarie DeaconKeep
Randy WoltersRelease
Jesse CurranKeep
Nicky LowRelease
Lewis SpenceRelease

Strikers
Sofien MoussaKeep
A-Jay Leitch-Smith (loan)Release
Faissal El BakhtaouiKeep
Harcus HaberRelease
Craig WightonKeep

I was thinking about creating a new thread for this, along with an execution vote, but quite frankly I don't give a f**k what other teams think about their players. Dundee votes only.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC