All things Dundee FC

Pmsl I'm still laughing at the seethe that must be coming from farmyards across Perthshire after Steve Brown's helpful advice too

Cheers Steve from this Dee too!

I doubt he particularly cares. Crematoriums are nightmares to own, which is why Steve Brown only hosts the functions afterwards instead of dealing with the event itself.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt he particularly cares. Crematoriums are nightmares to own, which is why Steve Brown only hosts the functions afterwards instead of dealing with the event itself.

Any hassles with the running of a cremmy are worth having as apparently they're a gold mine and yes Saintees only host the functions. 

Thanks again Stevie 

Any hassles with the running of a cremmy are worth having as apparently they're a gold mine and yes Saintees only host the functions. 

Thanks again Stevie 

They aren't, the costs of getting the equipment/licenses and disposal services are huge for that industry.

The extra cost for most crematoriums in recent years has been the requirement to install new equipment to meet the new environmental standards.  You've no idea the problem mercury fillings can cause to the environment when someone is being cremated.  However, if you have the new equipment you can avoid the additional government levy of about £50 per cremation.

Wait a minute, look what you've made me do RandomGuy.  No one is interested in what I've just said but I still posted it anyway.  I'm turning into a St Johnstone fan on a Dundee thread!

Not what I heard. Do I detect a bit of bitterness RandomGuy?

Fair enough, and not at all. We're getting a new training pitch and access roads to the stadium built for us by the council, so things look promising for us too. Football in Tayside is, mostly, on the up.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

Pmsl I'm still laughing at the seethe that must be coming from farmyards across Perthshire after Steve Brown's helpful advice too

Cheers Steve from this Dee too!

I don't think anybody cares mate. Steve's a businessman and probably thinks a Dundee team (either of them) going well would be good for us as it would mean a far bigger away support than the 1200 or so Dundee have brought through the last few times.

15000 is silly. After the first couple of seasons' new stadium bounce, it's just going to be another Scottish stadium less than half full most of the time,  making another 'home' fixture for the old firm when they come to town.  Make it 10,000 and make it a stadium with atmosphere, a mini-Tynecastle (up until the past year or two!).  If there's huge demand, reduce the away support to 1000 tickets. 

Your average attendance since 1994 is about 5800.. is the home support really going to double on a long-term basis?

Before dee fans get defensive, I agree our stadium is now far too big as well, I'd far rather we played in a ground like ross county's which was three quarters full every week, and it didn't hand an advantage to Celtic/rangers before a ball has been kicked.  I remember our first premier league season at McDiarmid, our average attendance was over 9000 and the away teams only got 1800 tickets. It was a brilliant home advantage.

Long gone for us, but Dundee have a choice of chasing the coin a la kilmarnock, or go for an intimidating atmosphere and genuine home advantage like Hearts.  Would be a real shame to waste the opportunity.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

The extra cost for most crematoriums in recent years has been the requirement to install new equipment to meet the new environmental standards.  You've no idea the problem mercury fillings can cause to the environment when someone is being cremated.  However, if you have the new equipment you can avoid the additional government levy of about £50 per cremation.

Wait a minute, look what you've made me do RandomGuy.  No one is interested in what I've just said but I still posted it anyway.  I'm turning into a St Johnstone fan on a Dundee thread!

Pmsl, nah mate - I've genuinely found that interesting and informative

Thank you

Edited by locheedee

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I don't think anybody cares mate. Steve's a businessman and probably thinks a Dundee team (either of them) going well would be good for us as it would mean a far bigger away support than the 1200 or so Dundee have brought through the last few times.

15000 is silly. After the first couple of seasons' new stadium bounce, it's just going to be another Scottish stadium less than half full most of the time,  making another 'home' fixture for the old firm when they come to town.  Make it 10,000 and make it a stadium with atmosphere, a mini-Tynecastle (up until the past year or two!).  If there's huge demand, reduce the away support to 1000 tickets. 

Your average attendance since 1994 is about 5800.. is the home support really going to double on a long-term basis?

Before dee fans get defensive, I agree our stadium is now far too big as well, I'd far rather we played in a ground like ross county's which was three quarters full every week, and it didn't hand an advantage to Celtic/rangers before a ball has been kicked.  I remember our first premier league season at McDiarmid, our average attendance was over 9000 and the away teams only got 1800 tickets. It was a brilliant home advantage.

Long gone for us, but Dundee have a choice of chasing the coin a la kilmarnock, or go for an intimidating atmosphere and genuine home advantage like Hearts.  Would be a real shame to waste the opportunity.

Its not Stevie I'd expect to mind tho - he's a businessman so he'll rightly want us bringing a good support like you say, there's a fair few of your hills have eyes supporters that might not be as objective!

As for the stadium, I get they want the extra seats for both concerts and the big matches (Dabs, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Celtic and Sevco) but as I said I hope they are looking at ways of making the ground work when the wee teams come too...

Does seem like they are but we'll see what the final plans end up like I guess

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

A 15000 capacity football stadium is around a 25000 music venue. That massively increases the size of events Dundee can hold as Slessor Gardens is fairly limited with less than half of that. It's something which isn't going to be ignored.

Look at the seethe from the Perthites. Hilarious.

Stevie Brown a businessman - clearly you’ve never met him. He’d be a bin man if it wasn’t for Geoff. In fact since we started segregating for recycling he probably couldn’t manage that.

Any more jealousy you’d like to get out lads?

The atmosphere at Dens is, on the whole poor. A 15,000 seater stadium is far too much for us now, the fan base is no longer there, football's too expensive and we'll not even muster half of that in home fans. The atmosphere could be awful, thousands of empty seats which would affect home advantage. Bit of realism needed!

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Stevie Brown a businessman - clearly you’ve never met him. He’d be a bin man if it wasn’t for Geoff. In fact since we started segregating for recycling he probably couldn’t manage that.

He's actually an electrician

13 minutes ago, locheedee said:

As for the stadium, I get they want the extra seats for both concerts and the big matches (Dabs, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Celtic and Sevco) but as I said I hope they are looking at ways of making the ground work when the wee teams come too...

Does seem like they are but we'll see what the final plans end up like I guess

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

A 15000 capacity football stadium is around a 25000 music venue. That massively increases the size of events Dundee can hold as Slessor Gardens is fairly limited with less than half of that. It's something which isn't going to be ignored.

The owners are businessmen and I get that their priorities will be the money making potential of the new arena, for themselves and for the club.  But as fans you'll only get this opportunity once to influence things as after it's built you're stuck with the outcome.

Like most of us, your bread and butter won't be title clinchers, relegation deciders v your city rivals, or Rolling Stones concerts.. it'll be routine league matches against Accies, Motherwell, Ross County, Partick Thistle etc etc in front of 6000 or so.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Seethe, jealousy etc .. Surely you can do better spud.  It's a discussion, it's what forums are for. When you're a bit older hopefully you'll manage to engage in one as well. 

Have a look below, see how it's done:

8 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

The atmosphere at Dens is, on the whole poor. A 15,000 seater stadium is far too much for us now, the fan base is no longer there, football's too expensive and we'll not even muster half of that in home fans. The atmosphere could be awful, thousands of empty seats which would affect home advantage. Bit of realism needed!