All things Dundee FC

50 minutes ago, PELE JNR said:

IMG_0597.jpg is that the same person emoji848.png

I used to think Superman was a rake of pish since his disguise was a pair of glasses. 

I no longer think this. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Juantwothree said:

Maybe no, he looks like an absolute unit compared to the boy beside parish 

It could be him. Morris is apparently 1.85m, Parish 1.88m, Admittedly the boy you've got training doesn't look as built as Morris does.

Is it only me that's getting annoyed by the fact St Mirren sem to be signing decent players that we should have been in for?
They've signed Paul McGinn (who has had two relegations in two seasons and was not that convincing at this level last year) and some total unknowns from non-league.

How is this any better on paper than our (or any other league rivals) business?

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

They've signed Paul McGinn (who has had two relegations in two seasons and was not that convincing at this level last year) and some total unknowns from non-league.

How is this any better on paper than our (or any other league rivals) business?

They've signed a defender a winger (ex Bolton player) and more importantly the fabled striker.

Something everyone has been crying out for but we haven't made any attempt to fix?

They've signed a defender a winger (ex Bolton player) and more importantly the fabled striker.
Something everyone has been crying out for but we haven't made any attempt to fix?

The fabled striker who'd never played a game of league football at 25 and scored 14 goals in 44 games last season. The kind of signing that some on here would be absolutely chastising as it's a 'massive gamble'.

Can't say I'm overly worried about their signings at all.

btw that picture is certainly not Morris. He's done his ACL (diagnosed a few days ago) and won't be playing football any time soon. I think it's just Ralph but loos a bit odd. Only way we'd put a picture of a trialist up is if it was common knowledge (i.e. when Kamara, Rutten and Berkel were well known in the press with their arrival as trialists being reported in papers outwith Dundee) so think it's just Ralph but looking a bit different.

The freaking out about not signing a striker is very OTT. McCann has openly stated on several occasions that he is working on bringing players in and specifically mentioned a striker. Nelms has also just said we're about to sign players. Give the club a chance, we've got 44 days until our first league fixture! Very sure we'll see more than one forward in and be much stronger in that department when the real stuff start. Rather do that than throw contracts at whatever forward is available and then have the usual realisation that they aren't poor players but just don't add anything we haven't got - we need to be specific.

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

btw that picture is certainly not Morris. He's done his ACL (diagnosed a few days ago) and won't be playing football any time soon. I think it's just Ralph but loos a bit odd. Only way we'd put a picture of a trialist up is if it was common knowledge (i.e. when Kamara, Rutten and Berkel were well known in the press with their arrival as trialists being reported in papers outwith Dundee) so think it's just Ralph but looking a bit different.

The freaking out about not signing a striker is very OTT. McCann has openly stated on several occasions that he is working on bringing players in and specifically mentioned a striker. Nelms has also just said we're about to sign players. Give the club a chance, we've got 44 days until our first league fixture! Very sure we'll see more than one forward in and be much stronger in that department when the real stuff start. Rather do that than throw contracts at whatever forward is available and then have the usual realisation that they aren't poor players but just don't add anything we haven't got - we need to be specific.

I don't know if anyone is panicking just yet but given that it's been painfully obvious for months and months that our main priority is a goalscorer, it's a bit concerning that we haven't got a new striker that's going to do a full pre-season with us. 

At the moment I've got blind faith that they're working on something behind the scenes but any more than a week into pre-season without a new face then I'll start to worry. 

I don't know if anyone is panicking just yet but given that it's been painfully obvious for months and months that our main priority is a goalscorer, it's a bit concerning that we haven't got a new striker that's going to do a full pre-season with us. 
At the moment I've got blind faith that they're working on something behind the scenes but any more than a week into pre-season without a new face then I'll start to worry. 

Totally this. It’s concerning.