All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I'm not digging. Was being serious. Or is what am I saying incorrect?

Unsure why you can't stop being silly about this. Looking for something that is not their.

I think we both know that the new stadium is in no way certain. Hence the wee twist o the knife!

Edited by Yenitit

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My sources tells me its just a matter of when so no we both don't know.

My source is the person who runs up we the bonnets :-). Never to shy to tell who my sources are.

So knife back in the drawer.

Tell me more, when is the building work commencing? I do like a bit of positive news regarding the club. 

If you have an ‘in the know’ guy re the stadium, why do you keep asking for ‘in the know’ info on the stadium? Which usually occurs after a decent result for us. It’s info that you’ll already know anyway  

I take it your up wi the bonnets guy isn’t just a twitter handle.....

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Am I positive about the stadium happening ? He is so on that basis I am to. However I'm more of a when I see it I will believe it sort of guy.

When did he say the building work was starting? The news about the Kingsway was in the papers months ago not really info people didn’t know if they buy the Tele or The Courier. 

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
I prefer a twitter handle as my source, preferably dundeefconline!

Why are you trying to be a fanny ? :-)

Touche. The most animated you’ve been all summer is when there was bad news about Gowser, says it all. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Correct. That's all that's roughly happened ?
Don't think I'm the only one who wants him punted from the club.... says it all.

Let's it at that.

Was another dig .

There’s been quite a bit of news.  4 new signings, stadium sponsor etc. 

Stadium will be held up,as traffic Scotland won’t agree road set up,impeccable source,sorry

"Impeccable source" ???????? . anyone who knows the highway regulations which are public knowledge realises this.

It will be overcome, just see Tesco on the Kingsway as an example .

39 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

"Impeccable source" . anyone who knows the highway regulations which are public knowledge realises this.

It will be overcome, just see Tesco on the Kingsway as an example .

Exactly what this good man just said. Asda at the bottom end of Kingsway west was dogged with access problems.

It will be as simple as a slip road where the old access road is at the bottom of the proposed site.

It will be overcame as potential revenue for DBPH and the City Council is not small change.

- Proposed houses in the area north of the park will command a very high band of council tax. 

- New sports complex (remember this stadium isn't solely for us) that I assume the council will have access to for events and promotions.

- The proposed extension to the Ice arena that was mentioned at the reveal. This will attract more attention to the council owned facilities and being more commerce to that area.

- The crematorium in Dundee is privately owned and the one proposed at the south of the development will likely be council owned.

That's the council alone interest in this project plus the potential redevelopment of Dens. That's a whole pile of their beloved coffee shops.

The club will gain

- A venue owned by the club's current majority shareholders.

- New training facilities that again will be owned by the club's current majority shareholders. This will help attract new talent too and help to persuade a better calibre of player too.

- Rent currently paid on Dens will not leave the company structure but instead go to either reinvestment in the club or back into our majority shareholders pockets (not a bad thing).

- The upkeep on the new facility would likely be less than what the current expenditure is on Dens (but I don't and anyone else doesn't know that).

It will go ahead and a way around it will be found.

TL;DR - it's happening.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If the WC wasn't on, I think this would go down as the most boring pre-season I've ever suffered through. 

'Mon over to our thread for a wee while. Don Hartley is providing all sorts of excitement.

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

'Mon over to our thread for a wee while. Don Hartley is providing all sorts of excitement.

To Hartley's credit, his squad turnover every pre-season did lead to some exciting summers.