All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, kristov said:
On 17/06/2018 at 16:05, Shadow Play said:
.....or shows what it’s like to have a city rival.

Now that Jeanfield Swifts have joined the seniors maybe they will bugger off and pester their fans...?

Ah, so this is how it feels to have a shite nondescript city rival? 

Doesn't feel that much different tbf.

Darren O'Dea tweeting that he's been working with the Celtic Soccer Academy in the US all summer. I'm at the point where I'm tired of his constant suckling up to Celtic, it borders on St Mirren laughability. It's an attitude that's wrong with Scottish football. Why is he working/learning from a divisional rival?! Too often do clubs just bow down to Celtic and/or Rangers. It's disgraceful IMO. Get him punted.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Darren O'Dea tweeting that he's been working with the Celtic Soccer Academy in the US all summer. I'm at the point where I'm tired of his constant suckling up to Celtic, it borders on St Mirren laughability. It's an attitude that's wrong with Scottish football. Why is he working/learning from a divisional rival?! Too often do clubs just bow down to Celtic and/or Rangers. It's disgraceful IMO. Get him punted.

Would it be part of doing coaching badges? 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was, yes. That doesn't make it anymore acceptable.

He still thinks he is a Celtic player the way he behaves on twitter and when he does segments for radio in the Irish Republic. He plays on the IRA crowd and that deeply riles me as someone in his position should have the ability to either ignore it or say it has no place in football or a modern society.

James McPake done his part of his coaching badges through Dundee going to the US with the club to do a coaching segment and in turn worked with an MLS club. ( Which covers the working with a foreign club part of the A license). I'm sure Darren O'Dea would have been shunned if he volunteered to do it that way thereby forcing him to spend his summer volunteering with Celtic.

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Anyone else hear that Gavin Reilly has been invited to pre season training?

Heard it from a jobs worth at work.

Worth a look but thought he was on his way to Sunderland.

Certainly wouldn't want him if he's the only striker we are to bring in though. He'd be decent back up - at the very best. 

Looking forward to pre season games next week as I'm really bored of waiting on the signing emoji. 

If we're going down the Reilly route, I'd rather have Murray back but would be surprised if either end up at Dens next season. Hoping McCann is looking to get a couple in this week before pre-season but wouldn't be at all surprised if 2 or 3 trialists are there whenever the training does kick off. 

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Looking forward to pre season games next week as I'm really bored of waiting on the signing emoji. 

If we're going down the Reilly route, I'd rather have Murray back but would be surprised if either end up at Dens next season. Hoping McCann is looking to get a couple in this week before pre-season but wouldn't be at all surprised if 2 or 3 trialists are there whenever the training does kick off. 

Wouldn't at all be surprised if one or two came back with McPake.

Wouldn't say brilliant.

Surely we want to be aiming for at least 4 thousand considering we are playing way better football than what Hartley offered who managed to get more season tickets?

Perhaps brilliant is maybe me being a little ‘happy clapper’ which isn’t my general demeanour although I believe (and someone will correct me if I’m wrong) that we had circa 3k season tickets last season? And the boards stated aim was to increase this by 1k?

Personally I’m happy to retain the 3k and try and grow it by a more manageable / sustainable amount which I think 3.5k is especially with around 6weeks still to go til the season starts.

I’d love to break the 4K barrier but for a variety of reasons I don’t think we will. I think the adult season ticket at super early bird prices is reasonable value - worked out approx £17.30 a game if you go to all the home games.

You mention the style of play - yes I think as a whole the style of play has been more palatable under McCann which I’m pleased about but unfortunately he spent big portions of the season choosing to be stubborn rather than pragmatic, which led to a number of defeats particularly to teams in the same area of the league as us.

But I feel after the 0-4 defeat to St. Johnstone he switched to being a bit more clever and adaptable rather than sticking to his ‘total football’ philosophy.

So I’m optimistic for next season.