All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i played to a reasonable standard and yes it is much more noticeable infront of a smaller crowd as you hear every comment clearly.

i was only using el bak and bain as examples from this season but some of the abuse thrown from the stands at dens is awful. worst i heard was probably at paul mchale. i nearly came to blows with some old tit 09/10 season as i got sick of his vile tongue.

I won't hear a bad word against Paul McHale as he gave me a comp outside Tynecastle and saved me about 20 quid. I felt bad as I wasn't his biggest fan but I'd never given him abuse from the stands as I've always been of the opinion that screaming at someone probably isn't likely to make them perform any better. 

I won't hear a bad word against Paul McHale as he gave me a comp outside Tynecastle and saved me about 20 quid. I felt bad as I wasn't his biggest fan but I'd never given him abuse from the stands as I've always been of the opinion that screaming at someone probably isn't likely to make them perform any better. 
i liked mchale. wasnt a technically gifted player but knocked his pan on. that season we had the likes of klimpl and malcolm signed and id have started paul ahead of them anyday.

I regrettably have to admit that I was proclaiming McHale was better than Scott Robertson and didn't deserve the criticism he got and was massively undervalued.

Although I am pleased to say that whilst not proving it on ability - I was absolutely fucking spot on. DAB c**t

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

i liked mchale. wasnt a technically gifted player but knocked his pan on. that season we had the likes of klimpl and malcolm signed and id have started paul ahead of them anyday.

I always thought and still do think Jocky was a top notch manager (And I still think it was ridiculous punting him for Chisholm but that's for another thread) but the Melville money went to his head like no other. Signing Chris Casement on a three year deal, without having seen him play handing out deals to Klimpl and Bob Malcolm, extending Bryan Deasley's contract for 3 years etc.

One thing I did love though was his utter GIRUY to Ian McCall though. After McCall's Partick had thrashed us towards the end of the season before Jocky got the open cheque book, Jocky asked McCall how much he wanted for GGH in a very smug/confrontational manner after being pumped. McCall replied in turn that he wasn't for sale and Jocky just laughed in his pus.

8 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Come on down for the opening game don't forget to bring the tissues for the journey home guy's. 

It's alright, we'll wipe ourselves off on the St Mirren Park curtains after the rogering we give you.