All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Crawford has been honking for the last 2 seasons. No team has ever bid for him. Tried to get a move down south and nobody will touch him. Suddenly will be a great signing ??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Dry yer eyes mate.

Ali Crawford megged that clown Joey Barton at Ibrox so that's good enough for me. 

He's gone stale at Hamilton and needs a new challenge to re-energise him IMO. 

Get him signed Neil. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Ali Crawford megged that clown Joey Barton at Ibrox so that's good enough for me. 

He's gone stale at Hamilton and needs a new challenge to re-energise him IMO. 

Get him signed Neil. 

Stewart 2.0 I reckon. Stewart before he went to Birmingham to warm the bench and then flap about like a seal at Aberdeen that is.

48 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Turns up once in every five games. Wait until someone shouts something negative at him from the stands. He will take the huff and you'll get half arsed effort from him....... Oh, and the culprit will get a telling off from his mummy.

He'll have fun with the Main Stand and Bobby Cox then.

not singling anyone out but do you think the abuse handed out to from the BC and main stand towards individuals would put players off signing for us? we have seen from the likes of bain and el baks reactions this seasons they hear it clearly on the park so i wonder if the likes of Crawford would be put of signing for us because of this.

Just now, ah-dee said:
29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

not singling anyone out but do you think the abuse handed out to from the BC and main stand towards individuals would put players off signing for us? we have seen from the likes of bain and el baks reactions this seasons they hear it clearly on the park so i wonder if the likes of Crawford would be put of signing for us because of this.

Neil McCann was asked this question in the fan meeting and said that it comes with the territory of any big club. He says based on his experience we're no different from any other club he's been at. He said that it's up to the players to deal with it.

I don't know who, and it wasn't in reference to Dundee but I recall a player saying that it was actually harder to deal with it when it was smaller crowds as it was more intimate and personal.

I think our fans are some of the worst around at times in terms of our vocal support/abusive nature, but I don't think it's a factor. Scott Bain had an abrasive personality. He didn't just fall out with the fans, he fell out with successive managers too. I've never seen any other keeper have such a 'spiky' relationship with our fans and El Bak's reaction was more out of frustration at his own performance and that he didn't have a clue what to do tactically to better himself.

As for other player's - There'll always be the odd negative interaction with fans, but just look at Parish for instance, he's done nothing but talk up the fans since he's came in even when they've been absolutely pelting him with abuse for a mistake.

Neil McCann was asked this question in the fan meeting and said that it comes with the territory of any big club. He says based on his experience we're no different from any other club he's been at. He said that it's up to the players to deal with it.
I don't know who, and it wasn't in reference to Dundee but I recall a player saying that it was actually harder to deal with it when it was smaller crowds as it was more intimate and personal.
I think our fans are some of the worst around at times in terms of our vocal support/abusive nature, but I don't think it's a factor. Scott Bain had an abrasive personality. He didn't just fall out with the fans, he fell out with successive managers too. I've never seen any other keeper have such a 'spiky' relationship with our fans and El Bak's reaction was more out of frustration at his own performance and that he didn't have a clue what to do tactically to better himself.
As for other player's - There'll always be the odd negative interaction with fans, but just look at Parish for instance, he's done nothing but talk up the fans since he's came in even when they've been absolutely pelting him with abuse for a mistake.
i played to a reasonable standard and yes it is much more noticeable infront of a smaller crowd as you hear every comment clearly.

i was only using el bak and bain as examples from this season but some of the abuse thrown from the stands at dens is awful. worst i heard was probably at paul mchale. i nearly came to blows with some old tit 09/10 season as i got sick of his vile tongue.