All things Dundee FC

28 minutes ago, Kazanski said:

If Neil can find a goalscorer we will be some team next season. The board have to back him and spend some of the Hendry money.

My team for the first game:

Hamilton

Cammy, Caulker, Meekings, Ralph

Kamara, Gowser

Deacon, CW33, (Barker from Man City on loan?)

New striker costing about £300000 or £200000

Based on pretty much everything McCann has said Wighton will be playing off the left. I imagine Elton will be in behind Moussa.

Gonna throw one out there.

I've just heard from a colleague that Martin Wood could be signing from Partick.

Unsure where he got this information from

We were linked with him last season but didn't seem to make a move.

Could maybe be a signing just to try and add a bit of experience with the potential of losing McGowan and Kamara so having to rely on guys not established at this level.
He does seem hated by every team he plays for though.

Sent from my Bluboo Maya Max using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, harry94 said:
We were linked with him last season but didn't seem to make a move.

Could maybe be a signing just to try and add a bit of experience with the potential of losing McGowan and Kamara so having to rely on guys not established at this level.
He does seem hated by every team he plays for though.

Sent from my Bluboo Maya Max using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I don't know how much I believe it. I edited post to say what the colleague said. I can't even remember if this player is any good or not?

My opinion probably means little, but he looks dreadful. Think Paul Paton, if Paton shat out every tackle, lots of one footed play and "hollywood" passses. He seems to take every set piece on the basis of one good one per three seasons.

You lot have had a better version of him before, in Tom Hateley, essentially.

With regard to Woods, I can only recall seeing him ‘take a game’ once; in the League cup final for County a couple of years ago. Although I’m happy to be corrected by a County fan if I’m just imagining that.

The rest of the time he’s flattered to deceive and purely on the basis of the performances this season that I’ve seen; notably the play off games, I personally don’t want him washing the strips and Dens never mind playing for the team.

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Gonna throw one out there.

I've just heard from a colleague that Martin Wood could be signing from Partick.

Unsure where he got this information from

He got his information from....

"my mates missus is the cousin of his missus. he was round at the weekend and he said he might be moving to dundee and McCann has spoken to his agent"

So yup gonna say eh dinna ken

He must have a  really good agent.

He's great at making it look like he's doing something and he is incredibly slow on the ball

If he manages flukes one decent freekick or corner on his debut, you will be stuck with his piss poor delivery for the rest of the season

Edited by cilitbang

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Yeh I took this from Twitter but id like to think its not far from the truth. From Up Wi The Bonnets.

Yeh not the best. Still time however .

How many did we sell last season? I would of thought we would of sold more considering everyone is going on about how good McCann is having us play. Can't imagine it be down to price of season ticket as it hasn't increased i don't think.

It's never been officially confirmed but it was in the region of 3000-3300.

The twitter page said sales are up 11% on this time last year. Take from that what you will.

I think mccann is on holiday and the twitter World Cup polls are a filler until he's back to keep people semi-engaged. New signing next week I think as well as a couple on trial.

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

What’s our record ever season ticket sales?

We sold 4000 in the Calum Melville season in the first division. He promised for every £1 sold in season ticket value, he'd double it budget wise. 

And there was no £1 kids tickets back then either. 

Undoubtedly we've sold more in bygone eras but that's the figure I think we should always be aiming for. 

I think it's quite disappointing that after so many years in the First Division, with a population like we have in Dundee that we sell similar amounts to the likes of Kilmarnock, Motherwell and even Dunfermline and Falkirk in the Championship. We well more than all of them naturally, but it's far too close and I actually think Kilmarnock are ahead of us (I could be wrong - but regardless of the Steve Clarke effect) that's something to be ashamed of. It's not like we suffer as much as they do from the Of effect either.