All things Dundee FC

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

I don't mind being wrong if this is you stating facts.

He is still a c**t for spitting however.

No more from me :-).

No loss with low leaving as he never played. Frees up more wages to bring in more players.

May be a new signing is in order to deflect from all of this :-)

That's one thing we can agree on.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In other news, Nicky Low has signed on at Derry City again in what is probably the most unsurprising move ever.  The Sun are also linking Dundee United with Julen.

Surely he's dead to us if he becomes a satsuma!? Retiring very early is a better option IMO. 

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Surely he's dead to us if he becomes a satsuma!? Retiring very early is a better option IMO. 

The only player I could accept wearing Tangerine is Gadzhalov, because we'd all know in our heart of hearts, he'd only be going there to destroy them further the absolute lovable c**t.

I met Paul McGowan once. He didn’t assault me or spit on me, but he did say “am no the brightest” when I asked for his autograph for my son and he couldn’t spell his name. He spoke like a husky gentleman after 90mins of screaming on the pitch. Gowser must stay, imo. The loveable wee rogue.

What Gowser did is disgusting no doubt about it, but if it doesn't effect him playing for Dundee then why should he be punished for something that happened away from his workplace. If he ends up tagged or jail time then that is a different matter.

Edited by rhumbaclub

37 minutes ago, K.T said:

I met Paul McGowan once. He didn’t assault me or spit on me, but he did say “am no the brightest” when I asked for his autograph for my son and he couldn’t spell his name. 

:lol:

What a guy

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

he turned down a move to local rivals St Johnstone - who finished above the Dees last season - earlier this year before signing an extended contract with the Dens park side.

All factually correct which is a good deal better than most journalists. 

I met Paul McGowan once. He didn’t assault me or spit on me, but he did say “am no the brightest” when I asked for his autograph for my son and he couldn’t spell his name. He spoke like a husky gentleman after 90mins of screaming on the pitch. Gowser must stay, imo. The loveable wee rogue.

I take it you mean your son’s name?

32 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

All factually correct which is a good deal better than most journalists. 

This part isn't:

he turned down a move to local rivals St Johnstone - who finished above the Dees last season - earlier this year before signing an extended contract with the Dens park side.

I went to have a look at Mad and TDBF to see their responses to McGowan. Dundee Mad is as dead as ever and has nothing about it whilst TDBF has launched into talking about getting spat on by someone that has HIV.  :huh: Unbelievable the ignorance that requires. One of the good things about a multi-club forum is that sort of mentalness gets weeded out quite quickly and rightly torn apart.

Calling him a c**t is a bit harsh but I think we should get rid. He's blown too many chances and it reflects badly on the club. Normally I'd say wait until he's been convicted but he's already pleaded guilty.

He's a big player for us but we should be able to replace him. It's a tough decision because he's been great on the pitch and is clearly one of the ones who cares. Either way I like him and I hope he gets the help he needs.

In all seriousness, I believe the club need to show some compassion and support Paul. He’s a human before a footballer and he’s clearly got problems he needs to work through. As his employer, the club shouldn’t be abandoning him - especially after all he’s done for the club - they should offer to help him with any assistance that he may require to sort his head out. The fans are entitled to their own opinion, but it seems a lot of folk applaud him when he’s a fiery character on the pitch, but then act surprised/ disgusted when he punches someone’s pus off the park. Ideally he should be able to control himself and contain his rage off the pitch, but clearly he can’t, and that’s why the club need to address that. Punish him however they see fit, but I hope he’s still playing for us this coming season.

Its a bit shit folk wanting him to lose his job after an incident outside of work.

I do not condone what he did in anyway, however who are we to judge? We do not know what kind of personal or mental issues the guy might have. 

He turns up for work and does a good job. Its f**k all to do with us what he does outside work.