All things Dundee FC

I’m contemplating going but will most likely have my kids with me - from memory was there anything last year to occupy them whilst I sample the local produce....?

There were loads of kids watching and dancing to the band. There was a marquee on the back of the Coxy where you could dance away the day to live music. I can't remember anything else for kids. The fine ales and lagers may have obscured my memory, who knows!

17 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

just to spark conversation does anyone think stephen dobbie is worth a punt?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I think the issue there is that he lives down south so Queen of the South are one of the few clubs he would be happy to commute for. He'd be a good squad player I'd imagine but I think the wages to incentivise him to move would not really be worth it with his age.

I think the issue there is that he lives down south so Queen of the South are one of the few clubs he would be happy to commute for. He'd be a good squad player I'd imagine but I think the wages to incentivise him to move would not really be worth it with his age.
wasnt aware of the commuting issue. despite his age surely the 12-15 goals a season he would give would justify the wages?

11 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

wasnt aware of the commuting issue. despite his age surely the 12-15 goals a season he would give would justify the wages?

It could be. You'd maybe need to give him a two-year deal though to make the move worthwhile in addition to being a higher earner. As good a player he is, I think if we're committing to £400k or so to someone (also a wee fee towards Queen of the South too), we could do better than a 35 year old (turning 36 this season) who hasn't played at a level similar to this for a couple of years.

We could easily arse the forward situation up but I've got a bit of optimism that McCann will bring in one or two gems. I think getting a goalscorer in is the toughest part of the job with the competition and he had such a limited time to do it last year so couldn't get the balance quite how he liked it in that regard (basically, we were shite in defence and midfield too whilst being generally weak as shit so that was a big worry as well).

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It could be. You'd maybe need to give him a two-year deal though to make the move worthwhile in addition to being a higher earner. As good a player he is, I think if we're committing to £400k or so to someone (also a wee fee towards Queen of the South too), we could do better than a 35 year old (turning 36 this season) who hasn't played at a level similar to this for a couple of years.

We could easily arse the forward situation up but I've got a bit of optimism that McCann will bring in one or two gems. I think getting a goalscorer in is the toughest part of the job with the competition and he had such a limited time to do it last year so couldn't get the balance quite how he liked it in that regard (basically, we were shite in defence and midfield too whilst being generally weak as shit so that was a big worry as well).

I'm 36 and I'll play for free.

However, I have no pace but might score the odd 'Worldy'. 

Thank you. 

There's your Paul McGowan appeared in court and admitted to spitting on a a bouncer. No other details yet to maybe explain why, though. 

Disgusting behaviour from Gowser. I think he should be jettisoned forthwith by Dundee.

If you could then direct him in the direction of Firhill that would be great.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Spitting is bad. Get him to f**k.

He has had plenty warnings.

A c**t of a person

Absolutely not. Unless he's put away for a good period of time, it's imperative we keep him. If we were to punt it'd be totally counter productive as he'd just wheel up at one of our divisional rivals. We were a shadow of the team we could be when he wasn't playing last season and with the squad needing significant improvements already and us likely to lose Kamara from our midfield, it'd be a disaster to lose McGowan.

Spitting on someone is pretty brutal, like G_Man says he's had a fair few chances throughout his life. Be interesting to see what he gets for it, maybe advised to plead guilty to avoid jail time (although he really should be getting jailed with his record). Unsure where I personally stand on keeping him.

Strachan said it best however when he said that football has no morals. Sure he would rock up at a lot of clubs and be welcomed by fans and players.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolutely not. Unless he's put away for a good period of time, it's imperative we keep him. If we were to punt it'd be totally counter productive as he'd just wheel up at one of our divisional rivals. We were a shadow of the team we could be when he wasn't playing last season and with the squad needing significant improvements already and us likely to lose Kamara from our midfield, it'd be a disaster to lose McGowan.

Judge asked him if he'd "assaulted the bouncer and spat on him", McGowan admitted it. 

Sounds like he's done more than spit.