All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Fair play, didn't realise that was him - there's maybe more to him than I first thought

He scored a cracking goal against us a couple of seasons back in a midweek game through there. I've never been that impressed with him defensively though but he is going to be 27 next season so he's hopefully matured in that respect quite a bit. He's certainly seemed quite a consistent figure though from afar and I would have picked him out as one of Thistle's more dependable players but maybe, their support will chime in and say something different?

I half wonder if Lawless might also be a target. He seems to have quite a good understanding with Booth on his side and I think we might go for another player who has a bit of natural width as a squad option as well. I think Wighton is actually quite good out wide and there's flashes there with Deacon but I think someone with a bit more pace and conventional winger movement could drag us up the park and take the pressure off.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Are we going to go for a top 6 finish next season ? I would of thought between 7-9th would be an improvement. Small steps and all that :-).

I think 6th - 8th hopefully. Top six (dross out, new guys in) should be a goer. 

There should be no point in listening to these shite rags as they spout pish the majority of the time when it comes to our transfers.

They've not had a sniff on 99% of our transfers recently.

There should be no point in listening to these shite rags as they spout pish the majority of the time when it comes to our transfers.

They've not had a sniff on 99% of our transfers recently.

We have been very professional with our transfer dealings,no leaks about what were up to,the press are just pissing in the wind.

I actually thought booth was Patrick's best player last night, but that's not saying much as they're awful.

I don't think he's much of an upgrade on Holt but his days were numbered as he was clearly team Bain when it came to that. Bain said as much when he commented about having the support of the boys he shared a lift with.

Everyone's right though, the media have no idea what's going on at Dens which must be really frustrating for them.

The Sun are linking us with Callum Booth.
rags like the sun get most their transfer gossip from sites like this so likely shite. lets start a caballero coming home rumour and see if they run it tomorrow.

on a serious note not sure on booth. on paper i think we are swapping like for like with holt. would have hoped for better.

Are we going to go for a top 6 finish next season ? I would of thought between 7-9th would be an improvement. Small steps and all that :-).

I'd take a comfortable 7-9th along the lines of 15-16 season tbh. Levein's Hearts could fall out of top six so it's a possibility but McCann would have to do some stellar transfer business in the coming window I think for us to break into the top half.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Champions League or Europa league?

The top six this season will be very well defined in terms of budget. 

Fully expect to see Dundee finish 3/4 places below their financial position and fail to make it beyond the Quarters of either Cup, probably losing Caulker and Kamara on the way, and their fans still to praise McCann for "playing football" and "building a team". 

The top six this season will be very well defined in terms of budget. 
Fully expect to see Dundee finish 3/4 places below their financial position and fail to make it beyond the Quarters of either Cup, probably losing Caulker and Kamara on the way, and their fans still to praise McCann for "playing football" and "building a team". 

Sounds ok to me, worst case scenario we finish anything better than 10th better season already, we lose caulker and kamara that’s a few million in the bank and we have some smooth silky football instead of a team of lumberjacks with McCann the only manager in my time making us an acutal good profitable team AND a new stadium to boot

not a bad time to be a dee come along and join in the fun if you want