All things Dundee FC

I don't think anyone on here thinks Parish is anything other than average tbh. He by no means did a bad job but there's definitely a lot better out there and there's no reason to be sentimental just because he's got a good relationship with the fans. 

He's already activated his trigger clause though and I don't think we'll bring in anyone with the intention to displace him unless he has a terrible start to the season.

Reading the Harriers thread they talk highly about a striker - Arthur Gnahoua - who they last last year to Shrewsbury.

Think of the good players in the lower leagues in Scotland. Greg Stewart and Kane Hemmings for example. Must be dozens on the fringes of the English game.

21 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Read quite a lot myself , they were saying roughly how Zaine Francis angol, French Elton and gnahoua were ripping the left hand side apart

Aw f**k - Angol was utterly brutal for Motherwell and we regularly ripped him apart. I hope Elton is a step up in quality by comparison!

Aye he’s gotta be if McCann has signed him this early it means he’s done his homework on him for a while

Regarding striking options I’d hijack united’s Nicky Clark deal cheap enough player and obviously knows where the net is might not be the “star striker” but with the amount of chances we create he’s bound to score a couple

I’d be interested to know how many clear goal scoring chances we created this season and how many we scored from them.

I can't remember exact numbers but I know Scott Allan and Roarie Deacon were both in the top 10 for scoring chances created per 90 with Allan actually being in second even before his move to Hibs.

We're not going to sign another keeper when we've just handed out new contracts to our two young goalkeepers who are supposedly really promising.
cant really disagree with you too much but im not too sure the two young lads are really ready to push for a first team position. believe me i hope they make me eat my words i really do! in am ideal world lits give each another season else were to build their confidence and hopefully be a star.

lets just bring julien home and bring julien home and settle any arguememt!

Aye he’s gotta be if McCann has signed him this early it means he’s done his homework on him for a while

Regarding striking options I’d hijack united’s Nicky Clark deal cheap enough player and obviously knows where the net is might not be the “star striker” but with the amount of chances we create he’s bound to score a couple
i wouldnt object to clark. as you said knows where the net is and i think he would feed off the moose well.

we have lacked pace and goal scpring instinct off him

He's not pacey as such, no slouch but he works harder than given credit for and as said, is a great poacher.

Any crosses coming his way in the box, he normally gets a shot on goal which has led to his decent goal tally here.

You can have him in exchange for Fez.

30 a season. Come back Tommy Coyne!

I’m pleased with this signing. We have all moaned about the strikers but there’s been f**k all in the creative department either.

Crazy to think that when the Cobra & Mongoose were in their DFC pomp that Graham Harvey was third choice striker- a player more than capable of knocking in 20 goals a season himself.

22 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

BBC Gossip column has us linked with a move for Callum Booth from Thistle.

Meh, can't say I'd say he would be much of an improvement on what we already had - might just be coz of the defence he was playing with I guess

14 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Meh, can't say I'd say he would be much of an improvement on what we already had - might just be coz of the defence he was playing with I guess

Yeh, doesn't fill me with confidence having watched that horror show from their defence last night.

9 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Yeh, doesn't fill me with confidence having watched that horror show from their defence last night.

Haha yeah they're definitely the images that popped into my head when you mentioned we might be in for him

Hope it's just paper talk or he's got more about him than he's shown this season but if we were looking at players from the two bottom teams I'd have been more tempted with County's left back myself (Melbourne I think?) .

He was only up on loan from West Brom/West Ham but he always stood out to me anytime I saw them

I think I suggested him when he was playing for raith and even then the response was underwhelming could be a player their if he has someone on the left to play off of